LegacyGT.com

2005 Stage 3 Outback XT STI Seats

Scooby2.5

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome. just read through the whole thread and had a couple of questions if you dont mind? What year LegacyGT did you use for your struts, springs, etc? Also, do you have more information on putting the STI pedals in your car? I'd really like to do this as well. Thanks again and sweet ride!

awesome. just read through the whole thread and had a couple of questions if you dont mind? What year LegacyGT did you use for your struts, springs, etc? Also, do you have more information on putting the STI pedals in your car? I'd really like to do this as well. Thanks again and sweet ride!

must not have read initial post LOL

Im on BC coilovers

STI pedals are from subaru performance catalog easy swap instructions in box

must not have read initial post LOL

Im on BC coilovers

STI pedals are from subaru performance catalog easy swap instructions in box

i did read the entire thread but probably after page 8 i didnt retain that information. my apologies. Thanks for the info on the STI pedals. I tried looking up the part for those pedals but couldnt find it anywhere. will just have to go to the dealership and ask them. Thanks again!

Just as a side note, the newer STI pedals that Subaru lists for the 10-up Legacy/Outback fit just fine if you are looking for that style.

http://www.subaru-globalws.com/s001/images/e210462-lg_img.jpg

They match the SpecB dead pedal nicely.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Instructions

http://subaruonlineparts.com/pdf/C8110AG000.pdf

Google is your search friend :)

Awesome. haven't gotten around to getting the manual yet as i was still trying to source the pedals out. hehehe. thanks AGAIN! you da man!

Just as a side note, the newer STI pedals that Subaru lists for the 10-up Legacy/Outback fit just fine if you are looking for that style.

I really like these.

• 1 month later...

I haven't actually installed the LGT bits and removed the spacers. Plan on doing it soon though.

I am actually as low as I can go with the Outback specific BC's.

My plan is to remove the spacers and install the LGT bits and raise the BC's up 1 inch to keep it at the height it is now.

I am running 245/45/18 with a custom made 15mm thick spacer adapter to run the STI wheels.

Cool. Nice to know the outback BC can go that low if I want to. You shouldn't need to adjust the coilovers when you remove the spacers and swap the other parts. The body, coilovers, and wheels will stay where they are. Only the subframe will move 'up' into the body correcting the geometry. Ride height should be uneffected.

Love the 245/45/18s. thats for sure what Im going with in the spring.

Cool. Nice to know the outback BC can go that low if I want to. You shouldn't need to adjust the coilovers when you remove the spacers and swap the other parts. The body, coilovers, and wheels will stay where they are. Only the subframe will move 'up' into the body correcting the geometry. Ride height should be uneffected.

Love the 245/45/18s. thats for sure what Im going with in the spring.

You may be correct. I do know the engine sits 1 inch higher in the bay on the LGT vs the OBXT.

At any rate with the coils, if I need to adjust, I will be able to.

How's the wheel spacer/adapter treating you? I'm thinking of getting a set so I can run 05-07 STi BBS wheels for winter.

The spacers are awesome. Got them from Adaptec Speedware/Motorsport-Tech Adapters. Special made billet aluminum, hub centric and wheel centric

• 4 weeks later...

^ see page 1. Its really hard to put a number on it as I did some major changes. IDI injector conversion etc etc.

Honestly it wasn't really much more than doing a stock rebuild at the dealer with parts and labor.

Cobb tuning plano labor rate is less than a subaru dealer, I purchased my short block mods for fairly cheap although I had to tear the short block I purchased down because it had the wrong pistons.

Id have to get the receipt out from Cobb and then subtract some of the stuff I pulled off and sold to get a real accurate number on the motor build and tune cost.

Yes. I paid 24K for my car with the 100K warranty. Sticker was 29k back in 2005.

I may have 10-15k in all the swaps. Did everything myself, bought used etc other than the motor build.

My car has almost nothing stock on it anymore other than the shell and hubs.

Motor, transmisison, clutch, rear end, suspension etc etc as you can see from page 1 list is all different.

Still cheaper than a new 32-40K STI and I drive it EVERY SINGLE day, about 25-30K per year and have never been stranded anywhere.

Love my high performance wagon with no car payment, and Im still collecting 400 a month and 1200 per quarter car allowance.

222K and going strong.......

wonder if you could sub in the automatic brake pedal (on a manual)to help facilitate left foot braking or if that would be too much leverage on a skinny manual brake pedal...

wonder if you could sub in the automatic brake pedal (on a manual)to help facilitate left foot braking or if that would be too much leverage on a skinny manual brake pedal...

I'm pretty sure the pedal would just bend. The aluminum is pretty thin on these. Add to that the fact that you would only be able to use one of the mounting ears, it would then be a race to see if the pedal would slip off or bend first.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived