LegacyGT.com

2005 Stage 3 Outback XT STI Seats

Scooby2.5

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im already at the 14.5 running 245x45x18.5 with 40 offset.

I had to roll the rears and really need to roll the fronts a bit.

If I were at 15 front and rear, no rolling necessary :)

So what I am saying is I already have the info you need! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Pretty much trouble free, I had a bad wheel sensor once in the winter it was packed with snow. I replaced the turbo at 112,000 BEFORE it would have likely failed.

I also had a throw out bearing starting to make noise as it was going bad. So thats when I replaced the clutch.

Word to the wise here, if your TO bearing starts making noise in the cold weather or otherwise, get it replaced ASAP, as it will damage the tranny snout if you don't. As soon as mine made noise I yanked the transmission.

Other than that not really any other problems.

I do use the rack once in a while so really need it to stay.....

Hey man I had a question about the problem you had with the tranny. what type of noise will it make when its starting to go? And are there any other signs that it is time to replace the clutch?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Scooby do you have any pic's of your AVO FMIC install? like the bumper. My fogs are hitting to the point i can't trim enough and have to remove them.

I don't think I do. Ill look around though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I had been fighting a misfire cylinder two on my ride. Finally took it down to Cobb in Plano TX for a brush up on the tune and leak down/compression test.

Had 60 psi cylinder 2. The others were 150, 144, 140 on a 100K built motor. JE 2618 forged pistons with Crower/Cobb "long" rods.

After pulling the motor found a bad exhaust valve causing the 60 PSI. The block was also out .25 so its getting bored to 99.75

Im installing Manley turbo tuff H beam rods and Manley 2618 Platinum pistons 99.75

Selling the Crower long rods and custom JE pistons stock bore pistons.

Should have it back around Aug 27th

Since you've done the wheel adapters have you had any issues? I'm getting ready to place an order for a set and when reading about the pros and cons most people shy away However I believe with a quality set issues should be minimal. How much did you pay for yours?

No issues at all. The spacers to stay away from are ones that are not hub and wheel centric. They need to have the wheel centric lip for the wheels going on.

If its a big "washer" spacer they are no good IMHO.

Correct type spacer/adapters are pretty much the same as offset wheels.

Don't remember the cost

Sorry if I missed this...

For the STi seat swap; did you bring over the heater elements from your stock seats? Or cut your loses for dat sweet sweet alcantara?

Researched a bit more last night and saw the long thread or two about this process. I think direct swap 05 LGT Leathers are my answer. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Researched a bit more last night and saw the long thread or two about this process. I think direct swap 05 LGT Leathers are my answer. Cheers.

Yea hopefully you found the thread I posted in. It wasn't as bad as it seems. I mainly wanted to keep the airbags so did the swap over with the LGT seat bottom frame.

If I wasn't worried about airbags I would used the 08 up seats as they bolt right in.

Updated Tune Aug 2015

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=216324&d=1442069821

August 2011

http://accessecu.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&sat=0&cb=0&dgr=1&smm=0&sg=1&runid1=2785&rgb1=000000255&runid2=2784&rgb2=204000000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived