LegacyGT.com

installing a blow out valve

• 9 months later...
I run the Perrin VTA blow off on my GT no issues at all. Stage 2 tune and i cannot tell a single difference from that and the stock recirc valve other than the great sound it makes. Most of us are hear because we are enthusiasts not race car builders where every ounce and hp is crucial. my .02

• 2 weeks later...
I would buy one and some other parts like an fmic. slap it on when u get tuned and see how it works or makesure u go full recirc if just using the valve, until tuning time. its not worth bringing just that to get a tune considering the cost of a tune.

Wouldn't running a 50/50 instead of recirculating BOV cause you to lose power?

not really because it recirculates when you let off the throttle, everything is closed shut when building boost. the worst that happens especially with a VTA is a rich period right when you let off, everything is normal when on the throttle

Correct me if im wrong but don't you have to clean aftermarket bov between services??? Personally if you want the sound just get a intake.

+1 for an aftermarket intake, I have a K&N love it, used to have a turbo xs 50/50 sold it within 3 weeks.

Archived