LegacyGT.com

hasn't moved in weeks.

So my legacy got t-boned by someone doing a left turn into me :mad:

Control arms are bent & other suspension pieces, fender, bumper, door and hood bent a lil bit, car runs but engine sounds weird(think its all the metal rattling against it.

the good news is its under his insurance, the bad news is I have no idea how far the damage got because after i got hit i shit wheeled it 30 meters to get off the road where the left front tire was barely able to move and im worried it damaged the drive train.

now i got 3 choices for shops

1 being a chrysler dealership and the other 2 autobody shops

A1 and Boyd

Im just worried there either gonna write the car off or fix it incorrectly. Car just hit 148,000 kilometers and i dont want to see it go yet. even if i get a substantial settlement subaru sedans are rare in the <10g segment where i live.

DSC00926.thumb.jpg.b75b3391a4aa403ce14a939b38eb2402.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. Do you own the car outright (meaning you don't have a loan on it), have something else to daily drive for a while, and have the tools and knowledge to fix it yourself? If so, I'd say let them total it (even push them to total it), take the check, then buy it back from them and fix it yourself. You'll end up with a car you know was fixed right and probably a few extra bucks in your pocket.

I am not driving my car anymore! Every freaking black legacy is getting into accidents lately. I would go with rmb2485. The thing that sucks is if you want to sell the car it wont be worth much because of the mark on the title. You will have to fight to get the value of the car probably though, I wouldnt take less than 4k for your car in the condition it was in. You could buy it back and fix it for under 2.5k I bet.

im gonna be getting like 6k+ cdn for it :) its probably a write off but its still sitting outside my house so cant be certain.

I asked specifically for dollies for sure thats not an issue, I dont really have the time or skills to go about fixing it myself though.

I miss this car alot.

But im not going to be buying it back, insurance companies have been screwing me around for 3+ weeks now because there client flew to mexico the day after he killed my subie (DICK)

but that will help my settlement because he failed to report the accident.

It sucks the first snowfall is tonight, im currently driving a Nissan 240sx and gonna have to throw sand bags in the back and hope for my life on pretty much every drive now..

If he would of killed it when spring came along i wouldn't be so distraught but i think this ruins my whole winter now.. i missed out last winter in that we never had any snow to play in.

*sigh*

Envious of pretty much everyone on these forums at this point.

Sorry dude, if you were closer I'd lend out mine to you because I'm in college for the better part of the year! But I've got a coolant issue that I gotta track down when I go home for thanksgiving, so I don't know if you'd want to put up with it haha.

So now what happens? Will you be getting another subie?

I want to go for another subaru, but dont really want anything to do with a wagon at this point in my life. but not likely ill find another BD :(

there is however a 3rd Gen i can haggle for prob 7000 with 99,600 miles on it,

if thats the case the timing belt will make or break this deal

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/SUBARU/LEGACY/CALGARY/Alberta/5_9155782_CT200552412039706/

http://cdnppgmedia.hometrader.ca/ppgphotos/2010/10/28/CT200552412039706/CT200552412039706_20101029034463153031-orig.jpg?W=1024

If i cant find a subaru in my price range that im stoked on, I have the option of a 94 Tempo for 600$ from an uncle with a new clutch and like 125,000 miles im 19 and all my money shouldn't be going to my car as my parents stated to me haha.

I just take pride in my car and would like to have something nicer than that god damn tempo

Archived