LegacyGT.com

what would you guys do? exhaust question

K so i have a 97 lgt auto unfortunately. I put on a weapon r intake and lightweight crank pulley for a little added power. My friend has a lgt with intake and exhaust and man it opens it up a lot. The stock exhaust is so restrictive. So i want to do something for the exhaust. I want to do the speedy racer ebay headers and just 2.25 cat back at some local muffler place. Will this be noticeable if I don't change the cats? I don't want to replace the cats because they are expensive, but if Im not going to see any difference except a little boxer rumble, I don't want to spend the money on it. My car is at 168k miles. Is there a certain time where you are supposed to replace the cats anyway?

no gains will be had from a 2.5" system unless you are running modified internals, such as ported and polised IM and heads or grinded cams, 2.25 is the preferred size for n/a motors without said mods as you aren't losing too much back pressure..the pulley and headers arent going to move exhaust gasses in any greater way to require a 2.5" system

Archived