LegacyGT.com

Got into an accident, can any NW members help me out?

I will post pictures and the rest of the (not very exciting story) in the morning, anyways if anyone knows where there are some black lgt parts locally, and lets me know, it would be a huge help. I'm looking for a bumper skin, grille (jdm?), jdm headlights, hood, radiator, and a core support.

thanks guys

*UPDATE*

Well what happened was, on my way home (I almost made it, I was only two blocks away) a guy a couple cars ahead of me slammed on the brakes for some reason, and the car in front of me hit the brakes as well. It is pretty wet in Portland and there are a ton of leaves on the ground, especially on that street. When I saw the car in front of me I slammed on the brakes, but it was just barely too late. If i had another foot it would have all been fine. I had slowed down to probably 5 when my wheels slid and I hit the guy, it was all at really low speeds. It is a street running thru a neighborhood so none of us were driving very quickly.

The guy in front of me had bumped into the car in front of him just before I hit, and there was no damage to either of those vehicles. for some reason my bumper went straight under the bumper of the car in front of me, and instead of all of the energy from the crash being directed at the bumper, it went up and over, crunching my headlights, grille, and hood.

It all could have been alot worse, and I am glad that everyone is ok, especially the two little kids in the car in the front of the line. When I hit the car in front of me, I broke some little reflectors on his bumper and am just going to pay for those out of pocket. I am pretty bummed out though, I like to think of myself as a responsible driver, and not some jerk who tailgates everyone, but in this instance I was obviously following too close (even if only by a few feet).

I am also selling some 06/07 wrx wheels w/o tires to try to pay for some of the damages, if you are interested pm me. here or nasioc works as well (same username). Anyways here are some pictures:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/swansondaley/IMG_2013.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/swansondaley/IMG_2012.jpg

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt324/swansondaley/IMG_2011.jpg

the guy said something about a dog. who knows what the story was. i am pretty nervous, he was trying to say his back and neck hurt from the hit (which seems suspicious because there is no damage to any of the other vehicles?? and i have hit speedbumps with more force than this whole accident had) but still. my insurance JUST dropped too!

I hate it when people start that sh*t about stuff hurting, people are so money hungry these days. Just make sure you have the witnesses that saw that you didn't hit the car very hard.. obviously you hit it kinda hard but I mean your airbags didn't deploy, right?

no they didn't. the guy that was saying that was car number one in the line. the car i hit (number 2) hardly moved when i hit it, i sorta went under it. ironic how i have a burning hatred for pc cruisers, and i rear end one. the driver of car number two is super nice though. hopefully we can get things sorted out w/o insurance

Don't just assume people are not injured. All kinds of people have all kinds of health conditions. I have had several bad accidents in my life that have left me a little worse for wear but everything was rehab'd. I was recently rear ended and have resulting injuries that may not have occured had I not been previously injured/weakened. The funny thing is I was in a much worse wreck several years ago and was ok. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT THIS ONE WOULD BE THE SAME! I was sore a little later and the next day I woke up and could barely move. I guess I got hit just wrong this time. It can happen. One guy hits a wall in a race at 180mph and walks away. Another hits a wall at 110mph and dies instantly.

Should the guy who hit me be LESS on the hook because I am not an indestructable 19 year old? (I am mid 30s and appear to be youg, big, strong) Nope, its the fault of the idiot texting who rear-ended me. He did not have insurance. Unfortunately he is going to have to pay a lot of money to my ins co in the end. I hope OP does not end up in a similar situation. That would blow.

I hate it when people start that sh*t about stuff hurting, people are so money hungry these days. Just make sure you have the witnesses that saw that you didn't hit the car very hard.. obviously you hit it kinda hard but I mean your airbags didn't deploy, right?

I take it you have never been injured in a not-at-fault accident. Its pretty f-ing lame let me tell you. I have buried THREE motorcycle riding friends from not-at-fault accidents. Crap happens... Only thing OP needed to do was: GET GOOD INSURANCE AND LET HIS INSURANCE COMPANY TAKE CARE OF IT.

Insurance... The cure from crap/murphy's law/etc. Sorry you are having to deal with this OP.

I have never been in a car accident. My car gets in accidents when it is parked alone on the road. But seriously if no one was hurt in the car directly in front of him when would the guy in the first car be complaining? But I understand what you are saying, everyone is built differently so something may really have happened to him. Motorcycles are a whole different story. I'm so cautious when motorcylcea are in front of me because I would feel horrible if they lost control and I was tailgating them and I ran them over. I follow way behind with motorcyles.

Archived