LegacyGT.com

Taller tire instead of lowring the car?

Rushin

It might sound strange but i wonder if anyone does this. I got an 08 spec.b. Its just a daily driver, no racing done with this car. I got my turbo miata for that:lol:.

The legacy is lowered on Ion Springs right now. With stock 215x45x18 it looks quite a bit lower but still not low enough. So i am wondering instead of getting lower springs or coils that are expensive and make the ride really crappy, i want to get taller tires.

The idea is to get new 18x8 wheels, not sure what wheels yet. And get a set of like 235x50x18 tires. They should be just under an inch taller so that's quite a bit more of tire. So it should fill the wheels wheel more.

I want to see if there are any people running this setup?

Any downsides to run this type of setup for daily driving?

NO!

not only will it make your car looks like a monster truck, and it will rub your fender liner off as your car is not designed to have tires that big, then you might have problem with turning

oh and your speedo will be off too

i've run stock 07 altima wheels on my old 240 as temps when I did the 4-5 lug conversion...front tires are wayyyyy too big

it didnt end well...

NO!

not only will it make your car looks like a monster truck, and it will rub your fender liner off as your car is not designed to have tires that big, then you might have problem with turning

oh and your speedo will be off too

i've run stock 07 altima wheels on my old 240 as temps when I did the 4-5 lug conversion...front tires are wayyyyy too big

it didnt end well...

Why you are talking about 240 and altima? I don't care about your 240 or 4 lug to 5 lug conversion.

• 4 months later...

Archived