LegacyGT.com

5EAT IPT transmission swap + flashing AWD = … ?

aperfectlegacy

Those shifts are really damn fast.

The issues you are seeing at 5.5k are perhaps due to the Torque Converter deciding to lockup right then. That's the best--and only--trans-specific answer I can think of.

I once had a weird knock event at 5.5k, and MickeyD commented that's where the TC locks up. He is right. The stock 5eat tune really goes out of its way to hide any kind of firmness or hard connection to ANYTHING, such as an engine, or wheels :eek:

Could I persuade you to try to get your tires to chip by turning up the line pressure? (see my signature)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Or turn up your line pressure with ECU tuning.

Running a Protune from EFI Logics. Don't have Accesstuner and don't really know how affecting throttle and requested torque would mess with the EFI Logics tune.

Already have the IPT Valve body.

Those shifts are really damn fast.

The issues you are seeing at 5.5k are perhaps due to the Torque Converter deciding to lockup right then. That's the best--and only--trans-specific answer I can think of.

I once had a weird knock event at 5.5k, and MickeyD commented that's where the TC locks up. He is right. The stock 5eat tune really goes out of its way to hide any kind of firmness or hard connection to ANYTHING, such as an engine, or wheels :eek:

Could I persuade you to try to get your tires to chip by turning up the line pressure? (see my signature)

Quite right, the stock 5EAT tune wants to make everything as comfy and grand-motheresque as possible. I suppose I could be persuaded to turn up the wick a little on my line pressure. Hopefully I can get around to another shake-down test of the transmission before the weather here takes a turn (which, inevitably, it will – like today :( ) Thanks for the comments! Lets see how far we can take this sleepy, little automatic family sedan ;)

• 1 year later...

Archived