LegacyGT.com

Driver door won't open from outside

Hiya everyone I've been trying to fix up the Subie the last couple days. put all new brakes and a new battery in it yesterday. Now today I'm attempting to fix the driver door. It won't open from the outside. I took off the pannel and think I see the problem. There's a metal rod just hanging and there's a hole for it up on the inside of the door handle but it's almost impossible to work on. there's no room at all... Is there a way to take off the inside of the door to expose all the rods and locking mechanism?

Alright I got it so I guess i'll share my... improv to this problem. That white clip on the end of the rod was cracked off on one side so that's why it fell out. I unhooked the rod completely then broke off the white clip and headed up the rod a bit so I was able to bend it. Instead of it being a L shape and just sliding back out I bent it into more of a J so it would pass through the hold then hook in. Everything seens good now thank god. I hated delivering pizza in my Tib. Subie is so much more comfy and relaxing to drive

Archived