LegacyGT.com

05 Subaru Legacy GT

len

Hi All,

I’m new to this forum and it’s my first post.

I have interest to purchase new 05 Subaru Legacy GT. This is my desire car configuration:

LEGACY - 2.5 GT SEDAN

Exterior: Brilliant Silver Metallic

Interior: Tweed Flat Woven

Transmission: Manual 5-speed

Spoiler

Rocker Panel Trim

Auto-Dimming Mirror/Compass

Hood Protector

Metal Pedal Pad Kit MT - STI

Can you advise me as what to look in this car and any option that you think would be most useful to add to the car? Most important can you tell as what reliability for this car is? What price range should I negotiating for? CarsDirect gave me the price of $26,170.00 for above configuration. How's GT gas mileage?

I’m trading in Nissan Maxima 96 with 108 K.

Can any Subaru dealer install above options (spoiler) after vehicle was purchased?

Thanks in advance,

Len

First off, welcome to the boards.

As for the options, opt for at least the dimming mirror/compass and security system. Anything else is your preference. Wheel locks might be a good idea too, but maybe you can pick up a better set elsewhere.

If your car is the base GT, you should look for at least invoice pricing for your vehicle. It also depends on where you are from though. The reliability should be very good--I believe Subaru was rated #1 in 2004 for reliability by JD Powers & Associates. The gas mileage all depends on your foot :p. People experience from high-teens to mid-twenties. I haven't heard of any dealers installing a spoiler after the vehicle was purchased, but that's something you'll have to ask your dealer.

Hope that helps a little. Hopefully someone else who actually owns the car can give you more advice.

-ben

Can you advise me as what to look in this car and any option that you think would be most useful to add to the car? Most important can you tell as what reliability for this car is? What price range should I negotiating for? CarsDirect gave me the price of $26,170.00 for above configuration. How's GT gas mileage?

I’m trading in Nissan Maxima 96 with 108 K.

Can any Subaru dealer install above options (spoiler) after vehicle was purchased?

Hi Len and welcome to the boards.

I just purchased an LGT like the one you described.

I agree with 'axis008' on most of his points.

You want to get the dealer to have everything installed at the port, not the dealership. The dealership will charge you tons of extra $ in labor. You can pay for options at the port (Rhode Island) and they do a good if not better job of install than a dealer.

Go for invoice or better on a LGT; do not let them start negotiating at MSRP.

www.Edmunds.com has accurate pricing; just remember to tack on destination (about $600) to the invoice price.

PM me if you have other questions.

Good luck.

Welcome Len,

Make sure you get the homelink/compass/auto-dim mirror. If the dealer only has the compass/auto-dim don't buy it. The 3 function mirror can be purchased on line for $168 shipped. The install only takes 10 min.

You will love the car.

Peter

Archived