LegacyGT.com

Need some Help..

So i am totally new to subarus, i just bought a 2009 legacy sedan and i want to make it sound better. My question is does putting a performance exhaust on my car have an effect on the PZEV option, will it mess up the engine? thanks for the help.

I have an 09 Legacy PZEV as well. I put on the SPT Cat-back Exhaust, which can be purchased through the Subaru dealership as well as other places. I absolutely love the cat-back, it sounds incredible, I get countless complements on it.

And to answer your other question, it has no affect on the PZEV, or anything else with the car, except the sound it makes.

PZEV is just the computer warming the car up faster to lower emissions, there isn't any real way to mess the car up, except putting an intake on it without a tune.

Hope this helps.

^ SPT catback MSRP is approx 1k, which is why i didn't initially recommend it to you in the other thread. but if you can afford it, it's a pretty good way to go.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_71&products_id=1150

some other places carry it as well.

but if you want some other ideas, here's a compilation thread of different exhausts tried by 2.5i members on here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/exhaust-audio-video-clip-compilation-thread-2-5i-edition-130408.html

hope that helps.

i think ......they are sold on ebay, some vendors on here carry the full cat-back system but not sure if they just sell mufflers, but i think from time to time members seem to put them up for sale. your best bet might be just to check the FS threads every so often in the marketplace and maybe search the vendor classifieds / deals. i did read that the steel on the xo2 seems to rust fairly quickly (one season? might have to research more on that) so not sure if you'd be concerned about that, maybe want to get them coated or etc, but if not meh. the stock mufflers get rusty too so it's not a big deal.

From what I've learned, do not cheap out on mods. Now I'm not saying buy the most expensive version of the product you're looking for, just buy from a brand/company that has a good rep and good reviews.

You'll probably see the XO2 up for sale in the classifieds quite often because people want a better quality product. Why buy a cheap product, then sell it for less than what you paid for, then buy a better one after? You would save money in the long run by buying the better product the first time.

Of course, that's just my opinion. It also depends on how much you love your car and how long you're willing to save before you buy your next mod.

As katalyst mentioned, I also have heard XO2 products are prone to rusting. I would be patient and wait for someone to sell a quality set of mufflers such as Prodrive or AVO to name a few. If you dont have the patience then weld on a set of Magnaflow universals. Theyve been around for years, decent price, and have a much better rep than XO2.

Sorry for the long winded post, just wanna help a N/A brother out ;)

oh and if you're having trouble finding the xo2 exhaust, i believe it's the same as the gimmick motorsports and cxlighting versions, so you could take a look at those as well.

i think AJW performance still has some leftover cobb mufflers which could be another option for you.......might have been import image ......i forget at the moment which it is.

Axleback the X02/CX/GMS systems are the same but sell for different prices GMS claims their system is unique but I doubt that highly! What you should do is get you a BOSAL Ver 1.5 SPT exhaust it is 2.5" and it the old SPT exhaust the dealer offered but improved construction. They are REALLY affordable and sound great and look Stock! Not extra riced out

Archived