LegacyGT.com

injectors?

This thread was spurred from the turbo engine thread a few posts ago; I'm just curious about injectors. Literally, that's it. How long do they last? What does the 250cc, 400cc, and other denotations mean (I have my own ideas, but I'll keep that secret so I don't sound like a dumbass when I'm wrong)? I'm guessing these are upgradeable; are they a good idea to do? Anything different about ours from the 2.2/2.5 compared to other engine designs (I4, V6, etc.)?

Just wanting to learn about it :) post away, let's see who know's their stuff.

I'd like to know this too. Also, how do you really know if one is bad? Without pulling the injector out to have it tested. I have pulled them out of the intake or head, left it mounted to the rail, then turned the key on to pressurize the system. Found a leaky injector on my Concorde that way. But what if it's not leaking?

I know that you can leave them in the car and just unplug them and run an ohm meter on them. I would have to look but I believe if there is no resistnace they are good, dont quote me on that it could be the other way around. I know that we can upgrade them but I have a feeling, just like CAI it will just screw with our ECU's. Otherwise I have no clue and wouldnt mind learning a little also.

Yeah is it also possible to take them out and physically clean them with something? I know there are these cleaning solutions you can add to gas to "run through your injectors and clean them out!" but if I could physically clean them myself I'd prefer that.

Archived