LegacyGT.com

Brembo Conversion kit people

fullerslgt

i have a 2005 lgt. ok so i bought my car from a buddy who had the 04 sti brembo kit already on it and now it is time to change the rotors in the rear. i already swapped out the fronts no problem. but because of the unique rotors in the back i am having trouble finding cheaper replacements for the rotors. Fastwrx.com ( http://www.fastwrx.com/brstibrup.html) has them for $578 a pair for the rear. thats not including shipping. i really dont think i want to pay that much for two rotors. i called them and they said that to their knowledge they dont know of any other rotors that will fit the sti calipers and the wrx/legacy parking brake as that is a custom kit. does anyone know of any other fitments for the rear rotors with this conversion kit? thanks.

There are many options for conversion kits. They use standard rear rotors. But you need the conversion kit first. Basically brackets. I have the brackets too. But brackets and rotors is about the same as rotors. Only helps if you plan on going through another set of rotors.

Just to clarify - You bought a LGT with a full Sti Brembo swap F/R already installed, now you have to change just the rear rotors?

For the rear rotors: did the previous owner go with custom E-brake shoes and stock Sti rotors, or did he go with the stock LGT E-brake shoes and custom adapter rotors? Sounds like the latter...

Either way you should be getting out of this well under $500 if you are just looking for rear rotors. KNS sells slotted DBA adapter rotors for the Brembo swap, to work with the stock LGT brake shoes for ~$300 (as mentioned above). It really depends on what's already on the car though.

There was a guy/company who made extra thick parking brakes shoes so you could use the standard Brembo rear rotor without having to sleeve it. This is the route I took and it works with no problems. I will look at my paperwork when I get home and post who it was.

There was a guy/company who made extra thick parking brakes shoes so you could use the standard Brembo rear rotor without having to sleeve it. This is the route I took and it works with no problems. I will look at my paperwork when I get home and post who it was.

Unclemat

Archived