LegacyGT.com

tinting taillights question

cjlgt06

So I just tinted my taillights with Nightshade spray. It turned out great, except some small pieces of floating lint got trapped in the coating. Can I wetsand the surface with like a 2000 grit or something or use polishing compound to smooth the surface? Or do I have to clearcoat them and wetsand the clear? Any help or advice would be awesome thanks.

Buddy of mine used em on his wrx and had some left over. I spotted another swp on the freeway before that had the tails tinted. I wasnt sure if I liked the whole "tinted" deal or not. But Im about to black out my headlights so I thought Id try it out. Its completely reversible if I want to remove it. Comes off easy with mineral spirits or thinner. I think the look is growing on me though. I havnt counted out lamin-x yet, I have there covers for the fogs in yellow and they are pretty sweet. Ill be ordering covers for my headlights this weekend.

lamin-x is pretty blah for me, i used pin stripes to cover the lines going horizontally across the headlight, and masked over the reverse light

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs392.snc4/45545_1430746972632_1351590136_31237836_974747_n.jpg

I make T-Shirts! and I Detail Cars(I'll go to you!) Send me a PM!!

Archived