LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Stereo Help for 2006 Legacy Limited.

LegacyKid5

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I just got a 2006 legacy limited wagon, and absolutely LOVE the car! Only problem is I had the stereo all picked out to be installed and there is no US available dash kits for it since I have digital climate control as apposed to the manuel three knob, which they do have a kit for. Im just curious if anyone else has had this problem, and what you have done, do you know of any place to get a single din kit that would accommodate the digital climate control? Just looking for a little help, thanks

Same issue...couple options. Check interior/audio. Looks like the aux-in route is the easiest/cheapest alternative and keep the stock look.

You could use the cubby but having two stereos isn't my thing. Also, AVO makes a double din that has the climate controls but it's at least $300 for the kit.

Same issue...couple options. Check interior/audio. Looks like the aux-in route is the easiest/cheapest alternative and keep the stock look.

You could use the cubby but having two stereos isn't my thing. Also, AVO makes a double din that has the climate controls but it's at least $300 for the kit.

do you know where the avo kit is available to purchase so I could take a look at it?

and what exactly is the chubby?

do you know where the avo kit is available to purchase so I could take a look at it?

and what exactly is the chubby?

:lol: sorry for flaming but "chubby" literally made me laugh out loud hahaha

and yea its a terrible design by subaru making the eatc and audio system one piece, interior/audio forums are the best, or search double din youll find what youre looking for. the cost of that unit plus a good headunit is precisely why i stuck with the stock stereo

:lol: sorry for flaming but "chubby" literally made me laugh out loud hahaha

and yea its a terrible design by subaru making the eatc and audio system one piece, interior/audio forums are the best, or search double din youll find what youre looking for. the cost of that unit plus a good headunit is precisely why i stuck with the stock stereo

haha its alright, i legitimately thought it was chubby at first, so I got a good laugh out of it aswell.

Yeah very poorly designed dash to a great car...

Chubby...nobody ever put that!! Ok, it was funny and I was thinking, wtf?

Anyway, very poor design by Subaru but nevertheless, there are options but some can be very steep.

Lucky enough to have the subwoofer (If you can call it that) from the factory. I adjusted the gains on the amp and set the bass at +1 and it sounds good. 6 cd's can still go a long way even if not mp3. Must say, I kind of miss my Sony w/ USB port and Alpine amp and Type R 10".

Bottom line, replacing/upgrading factory stereo is PITA Imo and I'd rather spend the dinero on performace/cosmetic upgrades.

Also, AVO makes a double din that has the climate controls but it's at least $300 for the kit.

That's the route I'm going. Its not a bad deal, when I sell or trade the Leg for another Subi, pull the AVO unit out and sell it to one of you guys on here for damn near what I paid for it, keep the double din radio, and put the stock unit back in.

I don't have it done. Its so costly, I'm buying parts at a time. There should be a sticky somewhere on here. The last piece I have to buy is the HVAC unit/doubledin plate from AVO, but I've been doing some thinking and wondering if its possible to hack up your OEM unit and make it work with a double din, like splitting the radio and HVAC unit, but still powerin the HVAC unit.

I might try that possibly.

Either way, If you did buy the AVO unit and kept your OEM piece, then resold the AVO plate later on, I'm sure you could fetch 2 bills for it easy.

• 2 months later...

Archived