LegacyGT.com

oil pan drain plug gasket/washer

And for you guys with the Fumoto drain valve, how low does it hang down? My car's lowered and the last thing I want is to snap off the brass valve and instantly ruin my new engine.

doesn't protrude past the plastic skid plate.

I always jack the car up on the opposite side of the drain plug, so that way I am assured all/ most of the oil leaves the pan.

I did that till I got the ramps. Didn't like the idea of a jack failing on me. Been there and went through a few of them already in the past. Back in my DMV days I would go to Bolling and put it on the DIY lift for the oil changes. Now my OCI is so frequent due to mileage, oil doesn't have months to sit in the car unless I have to leave it parked 6 months or so.

I'm swapping my blown 40 with a 46 in a day or so I'll snap a shot. If you snag the valve there is more issues going on besides loss of oil. I center high'd the car 3 times last winter and no leaks.

That doesn't exactly give me peace of mind. I think I'll stick with my low profile steel drain plug and the "failure-prone" crush washer.

What WOULD give you peace of mind? The Fumoto valve isn't the low point on the car, if you manage to damage it somehow, it won't be the only thing that was damaged, you'll KNOW you've screwed up instantly.:confused:

Archived