LegacyGT.com

strengthening the trans

KurtP

It's science. I know, I don't like it much either.

The BNR turbos are known (at least by those who pay attention) to underperform their non-IHI-framed counterparts. Imagine that.

If you push your 18G out past the map's choke line, and do so repeatedly, well I'm not the only one who knows how that will end.

That said, please, by all means, block the WG reference line and hit that 24psi at redline (if you even can) and just run it like that for a while, and I'll be here waiting to see how long it lasts.

That and if anyone finds out you're trying to over-spool your turbo, that'll be the end of resale value for the Blouch beau.

You may not agree with any of this, which is fine because either way you're going to try it.

Edit: 130,000 rpms... well maybe that's not so fast after all.

Edit Edit: what are your final numbers, what dyno were they tested on, and can you post some 3rd gear logs?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

You're damn right I will. You have proven time and time again you dont know what the **** you are talking about. You talk shit about the BNR turbo now, but before it was two links by garret and a bunch of dynapack shit talking about where the car was going to be dyno'd that this blouch was the wrong turbo and a bunch of bagging on blouch.

You predicted way more lag. I guess you are right, if ~50rpm's counts as 'excessive lag'. You doubted the power, which was proven wrong- 50whp wrong.

I just dont get you. You can post all the charts you want. Even assuming you know the science, you are obviously doing the math wrong with this turbo simply based on the power. I guess you can say the math is better than the dyno, but the math didnt get a win against modded gto's and evo's.

Hitting 24psi at redline will be pretty easy, although at stock components, ill probably stick to 22-23....which is still fine, because you think thats not possible too. ;)

Just accept the fact you are an egg-head that cant understand the fact that the results of the lab test doesnt follow the theory.

Can I put the gearset from a STI 6spd into my 5spd case?

Nah, its a COMPLETELY different transmission.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

f it. Im just going to do a 6spd swap :headbutt:

Good choice. And conveniently, NSFW just wrote a guide on the subject.

One is basically double the size of the other, if that says anything.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived