LegacyGT.com

new guy 08 OBXT fitment Q's

obk25xt

Hi, so I'm new to this forum, but not to subies, I'v owned bout 15-20 of them. Mostly older ones but I did buy the OBXT new and am now ready to pull the trigger on some wheels! The car is dgm, and I'm goin to run gold wheels:cool:.

I have megan legacy specific coilovers which will be goin on the car before the wheels/tires.

I plan on running 245/45/18 tires.

My question is this....

18x8.5 et44 rota Gravel, I read the entire thread on them in this section, still have yet to see a pic of them on an outback. Would be nice to see how they look with the fender flares of the outback.

18x9 et35 rota G force, with that width/offset, are they likely cause problems?

Sorry if this thread is redundant, I know the hypothetical wheel fitment questions are annoying. I just don't wanna drop any coin on something and end up being dissappointed.

Thanks in advance for an feedback.

Spencer

ps, also looked at the offset calculator.... :/

Hi Spencer,

Unfortunately we do not have any pictures of the Gravels on the OBXT. Thie 18x8.5 +44 will be a direct bolt-on for your car with a 245/45/18. The G-Forces 18x9 +335 is fairly aggressive and might require you to roll your rear fenders and possibly run some camber depending on the tire size.

-Tommy

Email:Sales@WheelDude.com

Phone:510.651.2956

AIM:WheelDudeSales

Paypal:Sales@SubyDude.com

Thanks for the response!

Sooooo, with the plastic cladding/fender flares how does one go about rolling the fenders? I would assume I'd have to have the actual body of the car itself worked on, which may affect body cladding fitment. Anyone done this?

I guess most likely I will buy the Gravels, seems no one has put them on an OB yet, or at least no one is claiming it! I just ask because there was a deal on a set of the G-force wheels that was very reasonable. I'm lookin to fill the fenderwell up some more, but don't wanna have any interferences.

Looking more fore the "clean" look and not so much "herra frush".......

WHEN I order/install them I will have some pics.........:D

Thanks again

-spencer

i dont have an 09 outback but 02 sedan they use same overall diameter tire/wheel combo, right now im on 245/45/18 michelin tires and 18x7.5 et42 drag dr-19's, this size tire/wheel combo fits outback quite nicely even with stock suspension the smallest space i have is between lower spring perch, for you it wont be a problem with coilovers which means if you want wider wheels you'll need higher offset like around 48 to give you max distance from the fenders. the best advice i can give you is get coils on first then jack the car up put another jack under rear wheel and make it go up until full lock this way you'd be able to see how much room you actually have for new wheel/tire under full load or in heavy corners and then same thing in the front just to be sure. gl. and dont forget to post pics when you are done. also remember even a 9" rim is narrower than 245/45/18

Thanks for the response!

Sooooo, with the plastic cladding/fender flares how does one go about rolling the fenders? I would assume I'd have to have the actual body of the car itself worked on, which may affect body cladding fitment. Anyone done this?

I guess most likely I will buy the Gravels, seems no one has put them on an OB yet, or at least no one is claiming it! I just ask because there was a deal on a set of the G-force wheels that was very reasonable. I'm lookin to fill the fenderwell up some more, but don't wanna have any interferences.

Looking more fore the "clean" look and not so much "herra frush".......

WHEN I order/install them I will have some pics.........:D

Thanks again

-spencer

I almost bought a 08 last month but decided I didnt want a payment. Anyways, my plan was as such:

It didnt appear to me that the lip of the flare played a part in holding the flare on. So, I was going too cut the lip off the flare, then cut out the sheet metal up to where the flare connects(yes I was gonna hack the car up but it's under the flare anyways...can't see it.) Then was gonna run a low offset 18x9.5 with camber as necessary with a proper tire size.

I doubt you would do this but imo its do-able

Archived