LegacyGT.com

My car will be on Subaru's website

I was receiving YouTube emails and comments from Subaru's marketing team on a video I have posted on YouTube. They claim they want to use the video of me pulling my buddy's stuck F150 out of the snow for a new "This is how we show our love" campaign on their website. I dug deeper into the marketing company (http://www.designory.com) and pulled some Linkedin profiles to verify their validity. After I realized it was legitimate, I called the marketing woman that left me her number. I have filled out the release and will be forwarding them the video file this weekend.

What she explained to me is Subaru will have a new section on the website called "This is how we show our love." The site will have pictures, letters and videos from real Subaru owners doing things with their vehicles. For those of you that haven't seen my video, it can be found here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3064x5_aE]YouTube - Legacy GT Spec.B pull stuck F150 out of snow[/ame]

I can't wait for it to be live on the Subaru website. They said they will contact me once it's released. There will be three releases throughout November and December.

where do I apply?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/mweiner1.jpg

I wish I had the full picture. The truck got stuck trying to pull out a camero that went off track.

You apply to the thread where you drove off the road and blamed the RE92's ;)

That's awesome.:cool: Make cool video. Collect royalties.
Mine's going onto their site too.

Unfortunately, since no one asked for royalties, there won't be any. :) That, and they expected to get youtube stuff for free so they didn't give Designory.com any budget at all for getting content. That, and designory's budget has been slashed 50% from last year.

It would be a more of a compliment if Subaru placed a value besides "free" on authentic customer content vs paying loads of money to have a marketing firm create fake customer content.

Of course I'm stoked, but I kinda wish Subaru valued our content. Oh Well, the good news is The Beefaru, here's the website, will live on in their "love spread" section of the new car brochures on the site (That's what the designory art producer called it).

I hope they don't change that section to something other than "love spread". I really like the Austin Powers sleazy penthouse imagery that calls up.

BTW, the Beefaru is getting retired from full daily/nationwide driver to summertime play-mobile, jeep trails, camping, etc. The new daily driver is an '05 Outback XT Limited. A big change after 14 years, but the reason I've joined the forum.

congratulations!

You should insist that they add a scene where the service manager at the local subaru dealer tells you that your warranty is void and one where the parts department won't give you an oil filter unless they have your complete vin number.

x2

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Congratulations!

You should insist that they add a scene where the service manager at the local Subaru dealer tells you that your warranty is void and one where the parts department won't give you an oil filter unless they have your complete VIN number.

Amen to that. Cool video though.

Is your Spec.B stocked? If not, will it still be valid to be on Subaru website..?

They want a video of my '88 wagon and it's far from stock -- 1.6L engine replaced with a '96 2.2, entire car lifted 2 inches, tranny yanked and replaced with a 3.9 full-time dual range customized to run at 4:11 with legacy VCD and rear LSD, a 5th gear from a Forester, Peugeot rims...

Mine isn't exactly a shining example of a Suby left alone, but it is a Suby loved.

Here's the youtube channel and the website for the beefed up wagon.

Archived