LegacyGT.com

I got hit...

Airbags come out? That's usually a pretty safe bet for if its totaled... since they cost so much to replace. Hope you get another one out of this.

Indeed. The passenger and driver side curtains both came out, front and back.

Dear God! I hope you are ok. I've seen a similar type of accident before, but it got repaired. Ask Roppongi Sho. His car had blown shocks, pretty sick damage to the driver's side, but it got repaired. I thought it was totaled, but since the airbags didn't deploy, it got a repair order.

Oh ya they did, sorry just now looked @ the pics. When someone totaled my old sube in front of keystone resort, the insurance company gave me a low estimate of how much they were gonna give me to replace it. I told them I thought it was low and they told me to do some research and see what the cost of replacement would be on my identical car IN MY AREA. I went on cars.com and autotrader, and found three or four cars identical to mine that was totaled. Each was several thousand more than the insurance co said mine was worth. It took some extra time but in the end it was worth it as they took the average of the three cars I found and paid that out to me. Remember subarus cost more in colorado than most other states, which is where I think that low number came from. Good luck.

Thats easily 12-15k in damage, definitely totaled. Definitely look on autotrader, and at dealerships and find replacement cost of 3-5 similar cars to yours. Insurance should pay out at least that much. Also even if your neck and back feels fine now go have it checked out. Insurance won't pay if you wait too long, and often it takes a few days before it starts to hurt.

Get it checked out, you'll be in pain soon. I was t-boned and had my car spin into another one, felt like a million bucks and walked the mile or so the rest of the way to my work. Next day, I could barely move or sit/stand in one spot for more than 20 minutes. No matter how minor it's worth going to the doctor just to make sure nothing permanent happened.

On the upside, that car is totaled about 20 times over. Panel damage to half the car and all your airbags went off. Not counting time spent on the frame puller or painting would send it to the scrapyard. Make sure you express your wish to have it totaled if they don't come back and tell you it will be.

Take it from an insurance adjustor. It's on '05, It's totalled. Take your personal items and license plates. Start shopping.

Since you just bought it, more than likely you will not get more than you paid for it.

But that's a good point to start with.

Take it from an insurance adjustor. It's on '05, It's totalled. Take your personal items and license plates. Start shopping.

Since you just bought it, more than likely you will not get more than you paid for it.

But that's a good point to start with.

Thanks for the info. How long does the process usually take before I can buy a new car?

FWIW, the car has 26,000 miles on it. With that being said, it has to be totaled. I would have to say there has got to be some pretty good frame damage as well.

I've definitely started looking. Found a 07' with 46,000 miles on it that has my name written all over it.

Definitely totaled. Glad you're okay!

Get a full work up this week and bill the other guy's insurance if anything comes up. They won't pay if you get pains a month later.

I will. My left lower back is a little sore and tight :mad:

That sucks! Hopefully you can find one that you will like to replace it! If it was further down the road, I'd offer to sell ya mine (06 LGT Limited w/29k miles). I bought it as a temporary car. Something to hold me over until I get back up north where the wrx's are cheaper!

Sorry for the loss. Glad you're OK though

I was nearly t-boned by a dump truck going ~40mph through a red light about 3 weeks after I got mine. After that i've gotten 'bumped' 3 times while stopped at a red light...

maybe colorado curses lgts. That's where my car is from.

Archived