LegacyGT.com

Lowered 06 OBXT

Amoxi

19's with 235/45/19 P Zeros. and the winter set up is 17 Rotas with the biggest Yokohama Geolanders that would fit (not sure on size) I have a little rub when I hit a bump mid turn. Megans are too stiff for my liking. good on a highway but city streets are rough. They need to be rebuilt and I'd rather spend the money towards the new suspension .

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19's with 235/45/19 P Zeros. and the winter set up is 17 Rotas with the biggest Yokohama Geolanders that would fit (not sure on size) I have a little rub when I hit a bump mid turn. Megans are too stiff for my liking. good on a highway but city streets are rough. They need to be rebuilt and I'd rather spend the money towards the new suspension .

What kind of rubbing? is it on the wheel weld liner like others have experienced?

I'm actually thinking about running Swift Springs with Legacy GT shocks to see how much rubbing and such I get or even to see if it's possible.

ya, on the liner...it's only touched a few times (3-5) no damages other than a scuff.

Running swift springs on legacy struts is going to make it pretty low. If you consider that the struts themselves lower the car a few inches then the springs lower it another inch...you may have rubbing issues.

That's what I'm trying to figure out now. I mean, how much more damage could it cost? When I lowered this outback I took a couple of pictures of the struts and what not and when it was done it was hot but he was running the wrong spec tire. If the rubbing is only on the liner that shouldn't be a problem at all. I need to get rid of my LGT first.

and the winter set up is 17 Rotas with the biggest Yokohama Geolanders that would fit (not sure on size) I have a little rub when I hit a bump mid turn

Any chance you could find out the size for us? I really like how your OB looks with the bigger meats... Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Summer and Winter set ups. Megan Coilovers that will be replaced soon with a legacy suspension.

Hey get the BC/BR for outback dude, as you know I switched to these on my OB from the megans and love em. I just put kartboy endlinks with the cobb bars and wouldn't go back with the setup I have now.

What does your summer setup measure from the ground to the center of the curve in the fender well?

How about the OP, what does yours measure from ground to the center of the curve in the fender well?

Im getting ready to put an 08 STI Tranny in mine which has 3.90 gears in it. As such I will need to go to the lower profile tire to get back closer to stock ratio (4.44 with taller tires)

With that said I will probably lower mine some more when I do the swap.

• 1 month later...
even on full soft???

lowest setting so far was 3. I might just have do dail it all the way down.

I also notice that the travel is really short so when you hit a bump in the road, your suspended in mid air as a passanger.

other then that, its pretty smooth and when you really lay on it, its quite nice.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

New pic from the Subaru Challenge over the weekend. Only "new" suspension mods are Whiteline 22mm front and rear sway bars. Still rolling on the stock LGT swapped bits otherwise. Might change that up next spring/summer.

265423_10101738674579138_408272724_o.jpg

It's a pretty significant difference. They're the adjustable Whitelines and I've got them set to firm at the moment. When I get motivated enough this fall I'm going to try the soft setting just to see what it's like. I'd recommend doing it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I am thinking about finally replacing my '97 Outback with an '07 XT. I would want to get it down to about Legacy GT wagon height. Can I run Legacy GT wagon springs with KYBs and still fit stock size Outback XT tires (225/55-R17)? If yes, that is the obvious choice for me. I know on old Outbacks like my current one, Legacy struts will not clear the stock tires but WRX/STi ones will..

Thanks, Doug

• 1 month later...

Archived