LegacyGT.com

Lowered 06 OBXT

Amoxi

Hey, we need to slap some actual correct size wheels and tires on there to see how it looks, I'm leaning towards putting h-techs on the outback after i put the LGT suspension on there. I need to be as low as yours but with 225/45/18 and 18x8+35

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn that looks good. My OB XT is the same colour and I've been banging my head on the wall trying to figure out what to do about the suspension.

What did you do about your camber etc. Were you able to get everything back to within spec?

Didn't remove a thing except for swapping the bump stops on the rear. Alignment will be a small issue though. You'll max out your adjustment and still be hair off. It was less that a degree according the the alignment shop guy, but I figured it was close enough.

I can't stress enough that you'll need the Legacy Wagon rear bump stops. Otherwise, your setup will be resting on the OBK bump stops due to the height differences.

I'd recommend the wagon rear springs too if you're doing a sedan to OBK swap like I did. The shocks are the same part number between wagon and sedan, but the springs are different because of the additional weight.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks awesome! I'm in the process of replacing our 08 outback suspension. The legacy suspension swap seems like a great option.

I ordered a set of the Outback BC BR Coilovers from Import Image. I just put those on, and the LGT bump stops. Been happy so far.

Before:

http://dalenet.com/~delmar/outback.jpg

After:

http://dalenet.com/~delmar/outback_bc.jpg

Old School, can you measure from the center of the hub to the fender?

And what size tire are those on the BBS wheels? 225/55/17?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I don't think there is any point to measure the hub to fender, just because these coilovers are height adjustable. These can be raised as high as stock, dropped probably another 3/4 of an inch from where they are now. I've got the rear slightly higher than the front to give room for heavy stuff in the trunk.

I've got the stock size tires on there now 225/55/17. And there is no rub.

The ride quality is really good. They've got 30 clicks of dampening adjustment. I've been keeping mine on 20 clicks (0=hardest, 30=softest), and that's great for the road. A firm feel without being too harsh. Then when I go to the track, I'll crank them down to like 5. (haven't tested them on track yet)

The mechanic at Mach V, that did my performance alignment, said after the test drive that it didn't ride like a typical coilover car, and that it felt really good.

So what we're getting at here is that it can go lower than the stock LGT wagon stock springs. is anyone willing to try to put some lowering springs on the stock LGT suspension? or lowering springs on LGT specific struts?

I looked on the import image site and the outback isn't listed as a car you can buy for...did you call and order it special? Please elaborate.

Call Josh at Import Image. I special ordered mine, took 3 or 4 weeks to get them. They were $999 for the coil-overs and remote adjusters for the rear.

I don't think there is any point to measure the hub to fender, just because these coilovers are height adjustable. These can be raised as high as stock, dropped probably another 3/4 of an inch from where they are now. I've got the rear slightly higher than the front to give room for heavy stuff in the trunk.

I'm just curious where it is now, as that is pretty much the ride height I want.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived