LegacyGT.com

2nd gen rear sway bar opinions

http://www.rallitek.com/RalliTEK-Rear-Anti-Sway-Bar-Kit-LegacyOutback-1996-1999/p-4370

saw this kit for $160, and thought it was pretty good considering it was a solid adjustable bar with brand new endlinks. anyone try it? I want to keep this specific to the 2nd gen, so anyone with experience with their own setup, chime in. I'm currently running with kyb-gr2s and h&r sport springs with around 1k miles on them, and will be heading home over thanksgiving to try and install a rsb.

cmon man, I've been around this forum. Of course I know the sticky (I've read through it half a dozen times); I want to get personal opinions from owners. Whiteline, kartboy (endlinks), rallitek, cusco, and any others that are out there. Any personal preferences?

Easy tiger.im just kidding.. I have a 22mm rallitek rsb non adjustable ... I love it...

Im running the same spring struts as you.. might want to get a tad bigger fsb tho shortly after to rid yourself of the oversteer you'll probably start noticing

i have a 22mm whiteline adjustable with kartboy endlinks and love it all. i havent really noticed any oversteer, but it definitely is pointier. the front does seem to dive a bit more now though, a bigger front sway bar is in my plans...

I gotcha justin haha, and before I left for school I was setting up the stages of swapping it out. I took a look under and saw the links and the bushings rotting themselves all to hell (the plastic was chewed up for some reason, and the rubber bushings crumbled when I touched them). Needless to say, it understeers like a sonofabitch. I'd much rather have oversteer...go ahead and bash or whatever but the driving and racing that I've done has tuned me to be able to work with oversteer rather than understeer. Something still gets me when the lego plows...I know a fsb is gonna be in the works, but we'll cross that bridge at some point.

What's the difference between the adjustable and non-adj? Would I really need that, or is it more for racing applications or what? I'm guessing there's a price premium on an adjustable one too?

theres not too much difference in price, its more of an option based application.. there are additional mounting points where the connection to the endlink is made..each hole is a mm difference, the farther the hole is from the endlink, the bigger the 'setting'

adjustable sways arent necessary imo unless you plan on tracking and auto x ing frequently

ok so that shouldn't be a focus of mine then...I'm thinking of grabbing the rallitek for cost concerns. It seems like a good bar (read reviews other places), it's solid, adjustable, and comes with it's own endlinks and polyurethane bushings, which is a huge plus because I don't have to go out and get my own endlinks.

how was the 22mm bar? did that come with endlinks? cost?

Archived