LegacyGT.com

Post your blacked-out headlight pictures!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am flashed often too, I only wish it was the other high beams flashing me, if you know what I mean.
Amen! Same here.

BTW, totally off topic have you guys seen the Speed channel show 'Are you faster than a Redneck'? Good concept and fun to watch, but after two episodes (I think they're up to 4-5 now), I feel the track race match ups are broken by design giving the Muscle cars an unfair advantage (even with their relatively poor steering and torque overload).

The producers should balance things out a bit. If someone brings a lightly tuned 'import', match it up with a similar weight/power (or at least weight-to-power ratio) muscle car. Not a labor of love rebuild with a new HP/Torque rat-race happy motor or a stripped roll-caged race preped monster. Doesn't matter if the contestant brings a 100-200HP daily driver or a heavily modified GTR Black Edition or 911 GT3. The match ups are usually unfair for this track with pathetic count of 'twisties' and loads of straighline 'handicap' catchup strips.

Still, it was fun watching some STIs spank the muscle cars silly.

BTW, I love either side of the fence. In fact the $#*@ Commodities trader in the BMW M6 or trust-fund 'Justin Bieber' in the Lotus Elise were so #$@^%%^ pathetic, I WANTED them to loose. Love the 'Super Chicken'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9IgelTyqo]Are You Faster Than A Redneck - SPEED Promo - YouTube[/ame]

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s493/BoxerPower555/Snokhana-559_zpsa7b77624.jpg

A picture that finally shows the true color of my HID's.... usually it ends up looking too blue.

Beautiful!!

• 2 months later...
nice.. dam hate living in america we never get the good stuff.

Keep in mind we pay much less for fuel here in the US then in EU, they pay a lot more so an LGT costs way more on fuel especially having to use premium, however Subaru sells their Diesel's everywhere but here in the US :(

• 5 months later...

^^funny you asked that. I was just thinking of starting a thread on this.... flat, satin, or glossy....that is the question.

Personally I am thinking satin and that is probably what I will go with when I do mine.

ah...Do you remember what product you used? I'm thinking of using automotive clear with tints of black, shooting through an air gun.. maybe it would turn green from the pigments of the black

Edit: after more research it does look like it may be a little more difficult than anticipated... I'll test it out on a spare headlight

^^funny you asked that. I was just thinking of starting a thread on this.... flat, satin, or glossy....that is the question.

Personally I am thinking satin and that is probably what I will go with when I do mine.

yeah thats what I'm thinking too. Gloss might be too much but I would like something a little shinier than flat too. Satin is probably the way i'll go.

I have seen a few done in flat and for some reason they look dark grey, not black. And I am guessing that the gloss may reflect the headlamp light causing glare within the assembly and muddying up the the look when the lights are on.

I am planning to do amber LED's for the turn signal, and possibly rewiring for AO switchbacks, and removing the amber lens. The side markers I am not certain yet but probably blacking out the entire amber reflector except for the small dark rectangle area directly in front of the bulb and then using an amber LED. Something tells me that the vehicle code requires the amber reflector on the front but I will do some more digging before I black it out completely. If I have to I will only black out some of it and leave some reflector or smoke it.

Which HID kit did you buy?

Is there a vendor on here who is doing headlight mods? I remember reading that Scott, IDRVSLO, is no longer doing this or is no longer a vendor.

I have a set of his headlights that I had to replace due to the mounting tabs being damaged when I had my collision. They have the Morimoto xB angel eyes LEDs mounted inside them which I'm not gonna bother to remove. Once I get my car back (hopefully this Saturday), I'm probably gonna sell the set cheap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/np1zux22jts10ze/IMG_0021.JPG

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen it done yet (which of course doesn't mean it hasn't been).

But since it gets rather toasty in there, even with 'just' halogen bulbs... I'd vote against it.

That plus the fumes from the rubber might over time deposit on the inside of the lense (similarly to what happens if the headlights are painted and sealed too early, without allowing ample time to dry and airate).

Archived