LegacyGT.com

Post your blacked-out headlight pictures!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks Great!!! Couple ???s

Are those green position lights?

What size LED halos? And are they the ones from TRS?

They're actually 5000K white leds with diffusing lenses from V-leds. White balance on my camera was probably thrown off by the brightness of the halos combined with an overcast sky.

Not sure exactly the size, but the halos are the Morimoto xB led halos from TRS.

Also, if you didn't notice, my turn signals are now wired as 7443 bulbs (instead of 7440s) so they also function as parking lights as well.

The halos look very yellow (kinda neon) when off. Are they that yellow in person? If you could find out the size, that would be greatly appreciated.

They are that yellow and I'm pretty sure they're 100mm. Scott (IDRVSLO) did them for me.

*shrug* in my experience CCFL is just as likely to fail as a LED or 10 in a LED ring.

The CCFL is more fragile to movements and have to be secured carefully. CCFL have an inverter box that need to be mounted and protected.

LEDs are more susceptible to heat damage and poor quality control.

Both are a gamble.

You should always be going for a specific look and only deal with a customizer that does repairs without crying.

• 1 month later...

Finished modding some 2013 HL's

Right 2013

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/right_zpse23c16fd.jpg

Left 2010 with a 2013 Shroud, wet sanded with 1500 grit and coated with a 50/50 mix of spar urethane and mineral spirits.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/left_zps6dce4f12.jpg

JB welded the squirrel finders

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1060143_zps4df99b2d.jpg

I am going to install these later today and will post more pictures.

Yes, squirrel finders. Drive your car up to your garage door with your headlights on. Above the normal light cutoff line you will see another rectangular light pattern on the door. I believe the purpose of this secondary pattern is to throw some light on road signs, but it also throws light into the eyes of oncoming drivers oncoming.

Thanks all, I was scared also especially putting the brand new hl in the oven. I like the 2013's, helps break up how big these headlights really are.

Some things I noticed about the 2013 projectors compared to the 2010's, the 2010 lenses are clearer and the 2010's also have a more defined step on the shield... the squirrel finders on the 2013's can't be bent.

P1060221.thumb.JPG.90516c9974d3cedf3900790c44c340cb.JPG

P1060223.thumb.JPG.76591f29ece71d444b2fcda9cafc0557.JPG

hey guys how are you splitting the headlights to paint them?? If anyone has a DIY would be appreciated? I'm not looking to black them out but I want to remove the amber accents inside the headlight housing. I want that chrome headlight look on my RRP but the ambers are killing me. Or if you guys know how to get them out without splitting the housings...??

hey guys how are you splitting the headlights to paint them?? If anyone has a DIY would be appreciated? I'm not looking to black them out but I want to remove the amber accents inside the headlight housing. I want that chrome headlight look on my RRP but the ambers are killing me. Or if you guys know how to get them out without splitting the housings...??

I would like a pic guided walk though too. I know it involves heatguns or ovens to heat the glue and separate.

I would like a pic guided walk though too. I know it involves heatguns or ovens to heat the glue and separate.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/headlight-blacked-out-small-writeup-131251.html?t=131251&highlight=amber

heres the write up... dont know why i didnt search for it before i posted... :spin: looks simple enough, just gotta get up the balls to stick my headlights in the oven haha

Yes, squirrel finders. Drive your car up to your garage door with your headlights on. Above the normal light cutoff line you will see another rectangular light pattern on the door. I believe the purpose of this secondary pattern is to throw some light on road signs, but it also throws light into the eyes of oncoming drivers oncoming.

F... me sideways. I was wondering why people keep flashing me. I've been flashed on numerous occasions and had no idea, why cause of course the headlights surely wouldn't cause this phenomenon.

Archived