LegacyGT.com

South Carolina Roll Call - add your screen name

SBT

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool man. We do need to have a SC get together and perhaps a fall fun run now that the weather is getting a bit cooler. Who would be in for it and what suggestions do you have. The last one I set-up in Socal was a whole day event, ~350 miles end-to-end, and was an absolute blast.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I motorcycle all over the mountains of western NC and these are some of the best roads in the country. I could lay out an amazing drive which could include the dragon, the blue ridge parkway, and some other great roads you may not have heard of. All I would need is a date that works for everyone and we could go from there. I've got plans Halloween weekend (Oct 29th) and the Autocross in Charlotte the weekend after (Nov 5th).

Next week and the week of 11 November I'm in Durham for more medical "stuff", and I'm hoping to get out to SoCal to do some camping/hanging out with my Subaru buds over Thanksgiving week/weekend (though that's still up in the air due to the aforementioned medical issues). Could possibly do first week in November, but couldn't put a lot of personal planning into it.

im down for what ever. let me know...

subietrader: no, unfortunately i didn't get to make it. i had a pinched nerve in my neck and couldn't move very well. hoping to make it to the nov 5th. is it a knights stadium again?

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I have flexibility so I can go during the week or on a weekend. I assume this would be a weekend event but let me know if people are available to go during the week as the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Dragon are considerably less crowded and therefore a lot more fun. I'm free during the week and on November 6, 12-13, 19-20.

Here's an idea route if we had all day to enjoy it:

http://g.co/maps/6at5m

November 5th is at Carowinds and is put on by the CCR of the SCCA. I've never been but the youtube videos show that it is a huge course and a lot of fun.

im down for what ever. let me know...

subietrader: no, unfortunately i didn't get to make it. i had a pinched nerve in my neck and couldn't move very well. hoping to make it to the nov 5th. is it a knights stadium again?

i've done the ones at knights stadium and they are huge courses. usually well over a minute long. last time i was there a 911 gt3 hit 83 mph on the straight. my 240 (w/ 380 hp) would only do 74. really extremely hoping to get to this one.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• 3 weeks later...
BTW - saw two dark (looked like OBP but too dark under these gray skies and the overhanging trees) LGT Sedans heading East on Long Point Road this afternoon ~1:30ish. Surprised when I saw the first, then equally surprised when I saw the second a few cars further behind. The first car was almost to Boone Hall Plantation turn-off, the second was almost to the Charles Pinkney National Park turn-off. Waived to you but not sure you saw me. Was in the 05 SWP SubenWagen. Edited by SBT

• 2 weeks later...
new guy here, still trying to get into a LGT, i dont need my 2500hd anymore and ive messed around with camaros/firebirds/mustangs enough its time to play with something else. im living in beaufort, sc, just move down here a month ago from connecticut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...