LegacyGT.com

South Carolina Roll Call - add your screen name

SBT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, sorry to get off topic here. I'll be moving to Charleston in a few months and was wondering if anyone recommended areas to stick to when looking for houses to rent. I've been told I want to stick around Mt. Pleasant and surrounding areas, downtown, parts of West Ashley.
:yeahthat:

Downtown will bleed you dry, take it from me. Not to mention in any housing area around CofC there is a decent amount of crime b/c of people praying on the students. I'm a block away from campus and my house even got broken into, in the middle of the day of all times... Also, due to historic housing legislation, most of the houses are very drafty and energy inefficient since they can't be modernized. Unless you are a student, I would highly recommend one of the surrounding islands instead of downtown...

Oh, and rent is extremely high downtown, unless you live in an undesirable area (ie the ghetto)

Edited by Adam393

MT P is great, parts of N. Charleston are okay, West Ashley (some call it West Trashley - due mainly to the age) and Hanahan all okay, some better than others. PM me your number if you want to discuss further and figure out what you need.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome - hope you can get out for some planned get togethers.

I definately would like too. Keep me posted and ill definately come out.

A little off topic but where in PA are you from? I'm from Pittsburgh but got stationed here in Charleston.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sounds good. We're prepping to get out of Hurrican Irene's way if she makes landfall here later this week as planned...

Any of your SC guys know of any one with a OBP and wingless truck looking for an OEM wing?

I live in Savannah, car is kept in Orlando, I can be seen going between the two every now and then.

Also.. anyone know of any Subaru dealerships near Savannah? The only one I can find is near Hilton Head and it's a dump.. shares with a Merc dealership

been in SC over a year now from Chicago, going to school here, graduating in December and making Hilton Head Island my new home. I see some modded STis in the area but no modded LGT's =( other than that I love it here

^ Meeting up with GONZO2186 today to check out his exhaust - grab some lunch. Likely in Hanahan. Meet up. PM me you phone number and I'll get back to you.

• 1 month later...
Joel, did you make it out? My buddy in a 330 and I had a blast. I put up better times than more than 1/2 of the STI's out there on my first go at it so I'm pretty happy. Definitely has the potential to be addictive and expensive. Next event is in Charlotte November 5th at Carowinds. Supposed to be a nice long course so should be a lot of fun. I'll be there for sure. Lot's of Subie's around, more than I've ever seen in the Greenville/Greer/Spartanburg area for sure.