LegacyGT.com

97 Legacy GT 4EAT Tans Torque Bind

• I Donated

This isn't my LGT, but my friends....

97 Legacy GT Auto with the 4EAT transmission...

He is having the torque bind issues, I've confirmed this by poping a 30A fuse in the FWD port under the hood....

Now my question is, I've heard of people putting a limited slip additive into the ATF fluid. Does anyone know anything about this? I don't see why it would hurt the transmission, but would it even be worth trying?

I would rather not tell my friend that he is going to have to buy a brand new rear section to the transmission.

Any information anyone can give me would be great as I don't know much about the 4EAT - mine is a manual so thats what I know about.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
I tried to talk him into buying a 5mt to begin with and the answer I got was "I don't want a stick as a daily driver"...lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

when was the last time he had his fluid changed. dirty ATF can cause binding. he can do a drain and refill 3 times with driving the car in between each one and most of the old fluid will be gone. this may help.

if he DOES NOT have a flashing AT Temp light at start up his duty c solenoid should be ok. (also proven by no binding with the FWD fuse in place.)

Archived