LegacyGT.com

05 WRX springs on 99 legacy wagon?

i'm fairly new to subarus so here's what i have so far with my 99 legacy wagon. 2.5" header back with magnaflow spun cats, apexi n1 muffler, 05 wrx rims with riken raptor 205/55/16s, powerstop drilled, slotted rotors with EBC pads, TMW short throw shifter. nothing really major yet. i plan on borla headers, and a cold air intake in the future. my question is my buddy suggested i find a good pair of used 05ish WRX springs, and put them in my legacy wagon for a reasonable price, and sportier ride. i can get a set from an 05 for $80.00 would they be able to be retrofitted, or no? i'm more into american cars like f-bodies, and built s10s. any help would be great.

Thanks, those headers will fit my 99 5 speed wagon? how hard was install? From what i gather i can use the springs if i use different top hats due to taper, but not struts? if i'm not going to get borla headers i can probably get H&R springs to boot. Should make a fun little street car that will handle well when it's done I'm half tempted to make my own rear trailing links out of swedged aluminum tubing with threaded rod caps and greasable links? if i can make a set of rear trailing arms for an 89 trans am it shouldn't be too bad?

yeah, as long as its got dual port heads itll bolt right up, i had to take it to a shop because i couldnt get a bolt to break free from the cats pipe but total there's like... 8 14mm bolts...

the trailing arm idea could work, if not, its not like you ruined anytihng

i'm running H&Rs on KYBgr-2s and i love the setup

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/IMAG0071.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/100_0082.jpg

thats a pretty nice ride. did you make, or buy the light bar? i'm interested in making my own, i've made them for my land rover, but never a subaru. clean car man hopefully i'll get headers this week, after i get my rims on and all.

i paid 1,200 for it and 300 for rims and tires, theres a nice dent in drivers side rear door, and body leaves a lil to be desired but it was $1,200. it has the 2.2 so is it a single port? speedy said they had headers for $89.95 or something, i don't know probably just painted black but what are other options what can and cant i use? And how much for the light bar?

It's better to just freakin get a 2.5 too. It makes me mad that the community that is full of people with the machines and what not don't help us 2.2 guys out. Frustrates me.

you guys could look for dual port 2.5L heads... maybe from nasioc or rs25

slap them on your 2.2 and have some nice compression, gain a few hp, and get to use dual port heads

wait....wait....i thought everyone hated the 2.5 because of the open block and the gasket issues (which of course i have suffered, and continue to deal with)! you swapped in a 2.5!...i knew you had a swapped motor, but i just assumed it was out of a bg5 or a wrx or something....

The ej25 is a fine motor if you replace the gaskets and dont boost it. It has more power than the ej22 and just as reliable after the headgaskets.

Any ej motor will bolt up to any ej trans and the motor mounts are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived