LegacyGT.com

explaination please

ole whore

Still alot of knock and IAM/DAM being retarded 93.7% DAM/IAM. It will likely still fall. I don't think that intake is properly scaled and is the culprit. Can really confirm without datalogs and a WB O2 sensor. If your car does not have a tune with a rescaled MAF scale for that intake then reinstall the stock setup ASAP.

BTW...Seems the leak you had is fixed or a alot better. Is your commute mixed or straight highway? I will still give all points downstream of the MAF (well mostly after turbo outlet since it was neg correction) a check for leaks and check the vacuum lines for BPV, Fuel pressure regulator, Boost soleniod, Air purge Valve, and manifold pressure sensor.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

On a tuning note, your engine speed ranges are stupid. I sure hope you don't go above 7500rpm...if not, then that's a wasted row that could be used elsewhere.

It's a defined set of tables in RR. That could easily be changed. Not sure if it's defined in EcuTek.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

It's a defined set of tables in RR. That could easily be changed. Not sure if it's defined in EcuTek.

You're right...it could be changed. Too bad the original tuner didn't do it right.

Now the next question is "Has it been this way the whole time?". That's a lot of knock in some key areas.

No knock on my car i use the same fuel he does,Doubt that IAM will rise most likely fall.Go back by Jason and let him rescale that MAF.

jason said the maf was rescaled to suit my intake.....he said my turbo intake tube my be the culprit ??

Turbo inlet tube leak will not give you negative correction. If you have stock injectors, no leaks in the system, the intake should be very easy to scale.

When my inlet tube went bad my airflow readings were all over the place...rich and lean. :iam:

P.S. I don't see the MAF scaling as the only culprit here. You still have some major issues to work out. As has been said above, check again for leaks.

I see two ways this thread might evolve:

1) The tune is good but the car has a leak. Ole Whore needs to find the leak, fix it, and validate (with LV) that the car is healthy.

2) The tune just sucks. The car will slowly self-destruct until/unless an EcuTek tuner fixes the tune, or Ole Whore sends the ECU to Tactrix to have EcuTek removed (about $75+shipping) and then has an EcuFlash tuner do what it takes to give it a proper tune.

I see two ways this thread might evolve:

1) The tune is good but the car has a leak. Ole Whore needs to find the leak, fix it, and validate (with LV) that the car is healthy.

2) The tune just sucks. The car will slowly self-destruct until/unless an EcuTek tuner fixes the tune, or Ole Whore sends the ECU to Tactrix to have EcuTek removed (about $75+shipping) and then has an EcuFlash tuner do what it takes to give it a proper tune.

i think it's the first one ... i'm just changing some vacume hose and my turbo inlet tube looks swollen and looks like it has a very small hole , so i ordered one . just waiting on it and will update asap.

• 2 weeks later...
I lean towards not changing anything until you've got this problem figured out. Otherwise you're likely to get into a situation where you've got more than one thing wrong, and it's impossible to tell when you've fixed one thing, because some other thing is still making the car run like crap. Not fun to diagnose.

• 6 months later...

ok , so it been awhile since i post here but car was down and alot of work went into it. with regards to the cause of the original problem, the intake tube had a small hole but the intercooler pipe to the trottle body had a half ince diameter hole. so that was the main problem , all fixed and the car runs well now.

thanks for all the help.

Archived