LegacyGT.com

explaination please

ole whore

Edit just saw your latest LV...something is really wrong with your tune.

Reset the ECU and drive very gingerly for a day or 2, then do a LV...an intake leak would cause you f'd up fuel trims, just as an FYI (based on your first LV), your ECU is running 15% leaner on the high end because of the fuel trim; that could be the cause of the knock.

Are you using 91+ octane? What are your mods..

Stay out of WOT.

What's the octane formula in Trinidad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

I'd also check and double-check for a post-MAF leak of some kind...you'd already found one hose astray, perhaps there's more? Given the rather extensive intake-side modifications, that's where I'd spend some time troubleshooting, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The extreme Lean-Rich-Lean-Lean in the A/F Learning still suggests an air leak. Thoroughly inspect all your vacuum hoses. It's possible that your turbo inlet hose is leaking where it connects to the turbo...that's a common spot.

On a tuning note, your engine speed ranges are stupid. I sure hope you don't go above 7500rpm...if not, then that's a wasted row that could be used elsewhere.

^ Someone help me with the math....is a 95 RON sufficient?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Research Octane Number (RON)

The most common type of octane rating worldwide is the Research Octane Number (RON). RON is determined by running the fuel in a test engine with a variable compression ratio under controlled conditions, and comparing the results with those for mixtures of iso-octane and n-heptane.

Motor Octane Number (MON)

There is another type of octane rating, called Motor Octane Number (MON), or the aviation lean octane rating, which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load, as it is determined at 900 rpm engine speed, instead of the 600 rpm for RON.[2][3] MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 8 to 10 points lower than the RON. Normally, fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.

95RON is sufficient.

Research Octane Number (RON)

The most common type of octane rating worldwide is the Research Octane Number (RON). RON is determined by running the fuel in a test engine with a variable compression ratio under controlled conditions, and comparing the results with those for mixtures of iso-octane and n-heptane.

Motor Octane Number (MON)

There is another type of octane rating, called Motor Octane Number (MON), or the aviation lean octane rating, which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load, as it is determined at 900 rpm engine speed, instead of the 600 rpm for RON.[2][3] MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance. Depending on the composition of the fuel, the MON of a modern gasoline will be about 8 to 10 points lower than the RON. Normally, fuel specifications require both a minimum RON and a minimum MON.

95RON is sufficient.

^ I thought 95 RON would put him at around 91-92 AKI...but if his local fuel-quality isn't great - well, that was why I was hedging my bets.

Still, you'd imagine that the tuner would have compensated for local fueling quality.... :confused:

I would think that if he fixed all leaks and drove for a few miles, the IAM would have gone up at least a little by now. Especially considering all the positive timing in there; the car wants to go to the next level.

I still think there's a problem.

I would think that if he fixed all leaks and drove for a few miles, the IAM would have gone up at least a little by now. Especially considering all the positive timing in there; the car wants to go to the next level.

I still think there's a problem.

IAM changes don't happen that quickly, only after a reset. Also we have no idea how long he has driven. My statements are purely based off a comparison of the two LV's and the mechanical issue mentioned. Of course this is all assuming the tune was trouble free previously.

The man has spoken. Follow his instructions. Do not be confused by the matching avatars. I was first, so I am still coolest. I will now go back behind my green curtain. Continue to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The great and powerful Oz has spoken.

The man has spoken. Follow his instructions. Do not be confused by the matching avatars. I was first, so I am still coolest. I will now go back behind my green curtain. Continue to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. The great and powerful Oz has spoken.

Are you guys going to get matching lycra jumpsuits next?

Archived