LegacyGT.com

COBB catted DP vs. CNT catted DP help

doccrowley

Somebody have some helpful input for me on which way to go for a DP for my 06 LGT wagon.

Comparing the full 3" with 200 cell cat on the CNT vs. the 2.5" 100 cell cat by COBB for power purposes. Anybody know if the 3" 200 cell cat will flow differently than COBB's smaller / tapered cat with less cells?

My current set-up with the Invidia catless DP and xo2 exhaust is too loud for daily driving in my wagon. (My 10 year old won't ride in the wagon any more):lol: I love this set-up for the track once a month but for daily driving I've been switching out to my stock cans to quiet it down.

Hoping to be able to cut some noise and drone by going back to a hi-flow catted DP.

Anybody have any input?

Just got the CNT catted DP installed today on my wagon; stock CBE. Really no change in sound except for slightly deeper note; sounds more STI-sh if you will.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 244K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 243K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I have tested both side by side. I posted this before, but I am sure it is buried. I first tested a Cobb catted DP (5EAT). Then re ran the tests with the CNT catted DP (5EAT). No noticeable power difference, no loss of spool, nothing. Logs looked almost identical. CNT flowed just a hair more (3" all the way instead of 2.5" bottleneck at flange). I sold the Cobb and kept the CNT.

Thanks Mike, exactly what I wanted to know!

Your welcome. See all my parts swapping isn't crazy after all. It actually helps people sometimes.

Awfully hard to push the CNT/ERZ DP's so hard if I did not actually use them myself. Good enough to convince me to sell my Cobb and switch. Should be good enough for most.

Yea, just sucks that i sold my Cobb catted DP (gave the thing away after sitting on it for 3 montsh) based on an ignorant Tuner's recommendation (along with several other mechanical suggestions that made driveability worse!).

Now I've got an Invidia catless DP to sell and a CNT catted DP to buy. And another Tune to pay for after I make another change to the vehicle. Bummer!

• 1 year later...
Old thread but it has to do with the original question. From the posts above, there seems to be no difference in power. Does either have the advantage due to the cat location? Is it better to have it right after the belmouth or down by the CBE flange. Any advantage in durability, a concern living in the NE winters.

Archived