LegacyGT.com

My First Help thread

I was trying to install Eibach springs on my 07 spec B which was a major fail. After I reinstalled the passenger side strut the only one i removed i noticed a puddle of fluid on the ground, after inspection i came to the assumption it has to be from the transmission because it was clear and somewhat odorless....after that right away i put the car up on jack stands and took some pics. These are taken from the passenger side. I hope i didn't damage someting and this can be fixed somewhat easily.

axle1.thumb.jpg.fb24377af867f2b453f876b516f7bf7d.jpg

axle2.thumb.jpg.51ad5e9fe3f4a73f56e67cce6260c692.jpg

axle3.thumb.jpg.a5e886911e748873e5a078894def52f3.jpg

You really need to crank on the hub to be able to pull an axle out like that without removing it from the hub first... definitely a major fail.

How exactly were you going about doing the lowering springs? I've never heard of this happening before. Hell, I never even thought this could be possible given the number of times I've had my struts off.

How exactly were you going about doing the lowering springs? I've never heard of this happening before. Hell, I never even thought this could be possible given the number of times I've had my struts off.

I'm with burnout,how the f*** did you do this changing out springs?:spin:

i was so intent on changing the spring that i forgot to support the hub assembly and it leaned away from the car...thats really the only thing i can think of because i didn't really pull on it. I definately pushed on it though to line up the bolts for the strut. I also tried just pushing it back in and it doesnt want to move any tips or ideas? What kind of fluid am i replacing it with and where do i add it?

i got the axle back in, i had to remove the bolts in the strut on top and the bottom to get the hub assembly to move freely. Once it was free i just pushed the assembly towards the center of the car and the axle went right back in. I realized the fluid that leaked was the differential oil. Does anyone know where i can buy subaru extra s gear oil in quarts and not the 5 gallon drum for $150?

after.thumb.jpg.8a61c817d1aa0ff05a186629bc7b6125.jpg

after1.thumb.jpg.c68980269d1d26d7ed53b55e8b7b560d.jpg

after2.thumb.jpg.90fdef60a38cb0a8c78b9d01d25a2f1e.jpg

Archived