LegacyGT.com

Nissan 390z??

The 370z supposedly "wakes up" at around 5500rpm. I guess. Its a vast improvement from the 350z where peak torque hit much lower. But still not god enough to justify the price I was quoted. I had a set amount of money I intended to spend. Going with the much less expensive car and modding it beyond the more expensive car is what modding is all about.

Oh and stop reading magazine articles and quoting times and speeds. They dont own the cars, they get to destroy them and give it back. Most owners WILL NOT push their machines like the mags do. Most cant drive as well either. Go to the track. No Z06's here running 11's stock. They run mid 12's. Drivers cant hook up and are scared to hit the wall. They run traction control and have crappy 60ft times. I even beat a Z06 to the 1/8th by a car length in my 5EAT at satge2.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 370z supposedly "wakes up" at around 5500rpm. I guess. Its a vast improvement from the 350z where peak torque hit much lower. But still not god enough to justify the price I was quoted. I had a set amount of money I intended to spend. Going with the much less expensive car and modding it beyond the more expensive car is what modding is all about.

Oh and stop reading magazine articles and quoting times and speeds. They dont own the cars, they get to destroy them and give it back. Most owners WILL NOT push their machines like the mags do. Most cant drive as well either. Go to the track. No Z06's here running 11's stock. They run mid 12's. Drivers cant hook up and are scared to hit the wall. They run traction control and have crappy 60ft times. I even beat a Z06 to the 1/8th by a car length in my 5EAT at satge2.

I agree that 41k is a insane price for a 370z and that given the choice i too would have taken the spec b.

I dont get my information from magazines, I have been drag racing for years, I owned 2 11 second cars before i was 21. FYI the fastest z06 cars are REAL WORLD DRIVERS. 10.8 and 10.9s have been hit multiple times with 2006 and up z06s stock down to the tires by REAL WORLD DRIVERS/OWNERS. Its all about the driver and I'm sure many z06 owners dont know what they are doing and dont want to beat on the cars but the ones who do get great times.

But really why are we discussing this, this was about your butt dyno and the 370z. Im glad you have a hopefully 11 second legacy, we need to see more of them since it seems subarus have a hard time getting into 11s since you usually need turbo upgrades and full supporting mods. Its alot work and money to get a legacy into teh 11s and I give you props for that.

More work than slapping a Procharger on a 370z thats for sure.

My local track is known for being "slow". Damn thing is at a slight uphill for the last 300ft, LOL. Very rare to see a driver of a Vette let loose. the Stangs show up and represent. The Vette owners are their to show off.

If anything I would love to catch an EVO by surprise at the track and get vid of my LGT spanking an EVO.

Not sure where you are at, but good to know at least someone is puting their Z06 to good use. Only one around here I know of that gets hammered belongs to Infamous1 (Shamar). He never misses a street legal day at the track.

Oh, and I can pull him bad.

More work than slapping a Procharger on a 370z thats for sure.

My local track is known for being "slow". Damn thing is at a slight uphill for the last 300ft, LOL. Very rare to see a driver of a Vette let loose. the Stangs show up and represent. The Vette owners are their to show off.

If anything I would love to catch an EVO by surprise at the track and get vid of my LGT spanking an EVO.

Not sure where you are at, but good to know at least someone is puting their Z06 to good use. Only one around here I know of that gets hammered belongs to Infamous1 (Shamar). He never misses a street legal day at the track. Sometmes the drag radial and slick guys dont want to run when its that cold but its great for trap speeds and getting good times in normal street tire cars.

Oh, and I can pull him bad.

Nice, isnt his a c5 z06? A really really almsot never happens good time in the c5 z is a 11.8-11.9. Average is lower to mid 12s on a good track. I also live in WI where the track is only 580ft above sea level and it gets into the 30s and 40s a couple days a year before the track closes.

Yes, his is a C5. He is still hitting mid to high 12's. But I hear he just got new tires.

Our track is around 1500ft. Plus it gets into the low 100's during summer. Just finally cooling off now. A cold day will be 60 at the track. Those are the best.

Archived