LegacyGT.com

Nissan 390z??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong about the Mercedes Motor designation. Not a big Mercedes guy. I was told it is a twin turbo 6 from the AMG.

Mercedes needs Nissan. Not so much the other way around. Nissan is getting the goods up front. That is what the contract stipulates. Nissan went ahead specifically to get motors in the next gen cars.

I have driven Nissans my whole life. My dad raced for Team Datsun. Thats how I learned to wrnech and drive. 1972 Datsun 510.

Todays Nissans fall on their face at 5k. I know. Nothing like the original SR20DE (T) or KA24DE (T). The addition of Mercedes engines will deff. make a huge difference.

Oh and no one said the price was staying the same. Nissan has announced no pricing platform. More news will come out as cars hit the auto shows. But for right now all I know is what I hear from inside friends at Nissan.

Next 370z (or whatever the engine size will be) is planned to be faster than todays GTR. Whats next for the GTR?

You can get GT500's for $60k?

The local Ford dealer had one, MSRP was right around $60k. Dealer markup was $25k. No B.S. they wanted $85k for a Mustang. They had already sold one of them at that price, too.

Holy crap:eek: One of my co-workers has a GT500 that he bought last year... we don't make all that much. I wonder if he has a suger-mama?

Yup...

Maybe he makes more than you?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'll probably get flamed for this but, it's all in good fun.

16yrs old...my Lexus mini truck with SC400 wheels custom milled to fit and "L" emblems everywhere. Even have the parking ticket to prove it "Lexus Truck".

Guessing the 390Z was a similar play.

image0.thumb.jpg.058a23bad8594ad6d58f196262b70df6.jpg

Nissans engine platform is 15 years old.

No its not. The VQ35DE first came out in 2000 in Japan and 2001 in America. Unless you were exaggerating for effect you're just wrong. If you're going to try and say that the VQ25 and the VQ30 engines from 1994 and later are the same as the VQ35 engines then I guess I could just as easily assume that an EJ257 is the same as an EJ22. The old ass VQ25 and VQ30 engines you're thinking of that came out 15 years ago are similar to the VQ35, the VQ37, and the VQ40 but they are not the same engine. Just like the EJ257 and the EJ22 are similar in design, they are still not the same engine. There are more differences between the VQ25 and the VQ35 than there are similarities.

Tons of torque low but fall on their face at 5k.
What kind of Honda owner complains that a car has too much torque down low and not enough up high? "D00d, I need mo power past 8 grand yo! VTEC FO LYFE!!!!!11!!!" :lol:

;)

The VQ platform is 15 yes old. Period. You can change cams and head works, but the platform is 15 years old. Drive a 370z. The loss of power up top is annoying.

I love Nissan dont get me wrong. Its in my blood. I am excited about the new cars.

The VQ platform is 15 yes old. Period. You can change cams and head works, but the platform is 15 years old. Drive a 370z. The loss of power up top is annoying.

I love Nissan dont get me wrong. Its in my blood. I am excited about the new cars.

The loss of power up top? Have you ever seen a dyno chart on a 370z? They make peak power around 6300rpms and redline at 7500rpms and hold almost peak power until redline. I drove a 350z for 3 months as a DD and my buddy took my legacy. I was always really annoyed by the lack of power down low and mid range, i was annoyed until 5500-6krpms. Then again all the 6 speed rwd cars I have owned have been v8s.

Yes to everything rao says.

Yes I have driven 370z's. I took several for spins before deciding NOT to buy the car. Having driven Nissans most of my life I can say, it has a SH** load of down low grunt for a Nissan. But FALLS on its face at 5k. I dont care what the "dyno" from the OEM says. My butt says otherwise. And my SpecB that can rip the everlovin crap out of a 370z says so too.

Yes to everything rao says.

Yes I have driven 370z's. I took several for spins before deciding NOT to buy the car. Having driven Nissans most of my life I can say, it has a SH** load of down low grunt for a Nissan. But FALLS on its face at 5k. I dont care what the "dyno" from the OEM says. My butt says otherwise. And my SpecB that can rip the everlovin crap out of a 370z says so too.

If your spec b is stock no it cant. 220whp vs 270-280whp, 370z is a bit lighter. Your butt dyno is being untruthful to you. While I do agree a turbo legacy feels like it has more balls because of power delivery thanks to the turbo a 370z can trap 108mph in the 1/4mile and run low-mid 13s with a good driver and a spec b or lgt can only trap 99ish and run a 14.0. Thats a huge difference. Your butt dyno also lies when it tells you the 370z has no power after 5k because in actual FACT thats where they make there power, your probably feeling the trq dropping off.

I would never buy a cay with a vq engine in it as i really cant stand there pwoer delivery but your butt dyno seems to be reading everything that isnt happening.

If your spec b is stock no it cant. 220whp vs 270-280whp, 370z is a bit lighter. Your butt dyno is being untruthful to you. While I do agree a turbo legacy feels like it has more balls because of power delivery thanks to the turbo a 370z can trap 108mph in the 1/4mile and run low-mid 13s with a good driver and a spec b or lgt can only trap 99ish and run a 14.0. Thats a huge difference. Your butt dyno also lies when it tells you the 370z has no power after 5k because in actual FACT thats where they make there power, your probably feeling the trq dropping off.

I would never buy a cay with a vq engine in it as i really cant stand there pwoer delivery but your butt dyno seems to be reading everything that isnt happening.

You don't know Sprank's Spec. apparently.;)

You don't know Sprank's Spec. apparently.;)

No i dont, like i said if the spec b was stock. :lol:

But comparing a modded car to a stock one from the factory is silly. Even more so when there msrp is within 1,000 dollars of eachother.

That is why I did not buy the Nissan and bought the Spec. Nissan had their heads up their arses. With 20 models on the lot the stealership was demanding sticker price. I wanted a Nismo edition. Why not get the top model? They said $41k and would not move. I told them to pound salt.

The Subaru dealership was happy to part with a brand new SpecB, 30miles on the odom, from the showroom floor for $27.5k. Sticker on the SpecB was $37K+

So, I still had over $10k to play with after buying the Spec, as compared to the Nissan. With that 10K I proceeded to build a car that can SMOKE a 370z. The only car I have had issues with so far was a Lamborghini Murciélago. Even that only got me after I had just finished destroying a Z06.

Did you know that at 160mph the windows of a SpecB get sucked out of the "frame" by a good inch? Cabin gets noisy as all hell from the wind. Gap big enough to stick your hand in.

1/4 mile? LOL. I will be shooting for high 11's next trip to Fontana.

Then that z06 you destroyed must not have been racing as those are low 11 second cars from factory if its the c6 z06. You can buy 9 or 10 second cars for 10k so you spending 40k on your 11 second car is not that impressive. Im glad you got a deal on your 08 but that doenst change the fact that comparing a modded car to stock factory one is kinda silly especially when the price and power are similar in stock form. It also doesnt change the fact that your butt dyno tells you lies.

*Waits for the 20min "My LS1 is better because" speach*

Lol no, I never said his spec b was slow, this all started because he said 370zs fall on there face after 5krpms, which is completely wrong since they dont even make good power until 5k and peak power around 6-7k.

Archived