LegacyGT.com

Nissan 390z??

Driving through Hollywood yesterday and saw a Nissan I didn't recognize. Dropped in behind it and saw a "390z" on the tail. Wish I could have gotten a picture for you guys. Are those even out yet? Didn't find much on the web, so I must assume it's a rebodied custom 370z or something... any thoughts? anyone else seen it? :confused:
Yup...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As it is, the 370Z engine has been criticized as being rough. I doubt Nissan will bore it out further to make a 390Z unless they start a whole new engine design. I think they may be better off it making it a small 4-liter V8.

I have enough drama for now.....

As it is, the 370Z engine has been criticized as being rough. I doubt Nissan will bore it out further to make a 390Z unless they start a whole new engine design. I think they may be better off it making it a small 4-liter V8.

The 4.0 in their trucks/SUVs is based on the VQ out of the Z as well. I'm not sure if it's a simple bore/stroke increase but it is part of the family I think.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

There is no 390z. Nissan has just signed the contract with Mercedes. The next generation Nissans will use Mercedes motors. Expect the next 370z to use the AMG C350 engine. Should be faster than todays GTR.

Nissans engine platform is 15 years old. Tons of torque low but fall on their face at 5k. Bad mileage too. Rather than develop a new platform they "bought" into Mercedes and gained the technology. GM backed out, Nissan stepped in. Cant wait to see them.

Buck up. 570Z please.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There is no 390z. Nissan has just signed the contract with Mercedes. The next generation Nissans will use Mercedes motors. Expect the next 370z to use the AMG C350 engine. Should be faster than todays GTR.

Nissans engine platform is 15 years old. Tons of torque low but fall on their face at 5k. Bad mileage too. Rather than develop a new platform they "bought" into Mercedes and gained the technology. GM backed out, Nissan stepped in. Cant wait to see them.

I don't think it's nearly as clean cut as that. Yes the VQ is getting old, but if you think it falls flat after 5k, let's go for a ride one day. Yes, it's harsh up there, but power is there. Also, remember when Chrysler started getting Benz parts/engines? They were either prior versions/detuned versions/etc. MB is smart enough not to de-value their brand by selling their best stuff to Nissan to put under the hood of a $35k sports car.

Nothing all that special about the C350 engine..it's good, but nothing outstanding.

At $7,800 that's a steal.

I personally :lol: at the guys who do that or the $7900 Stillen supercharger. Impressive power yes, but I just cannot see spending that much. That's just me. If you wanted 500hp...you probably bought the wrong car.

I personally :lol: at the guys who do that or the $7900 Stillen supercharger. Impressive power yes, but I just cannot see spending that much. That's just me. If you wanted 500hp...you probably bought the wrong car.

Tell that to people who build anything that makes less than 300hp stock, it usually takes about that in engine mods to hit 500 crank hp

Tell that to people who build anything that makes less than 300hp stock, it usually takes about that in engine mods to hit 500 crank hp

I was specifically speaking about the G crowd...but your point is valid..big power done right costs big money.

My opinion is still that if you want a 500hp car...maybe think about buying one instead of making one.

I'm trying to think what 500hp cars are available nowadays... I guess the new GT500 is the least expensive.

But it's $60K up here. And I can get a new Mustang GT for about $40K, so that leaves me with 20K to play with.:lol::lol:

You can get GT500's for $60k?

The local Ford dealer had one, MSRP was right around $60k. Dealer markup was $25k. No B.S. they wanted $85k for a Mustang. They had already sold one of them at that price, too.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Ahhhh, I never thought about dealer "up charge". 60K is the MSRP up here.

They are rare, but not that rare. There are 3 of them zooming around in my little suburb right now! My suburb is not that big!:lol:

It's ridiculous. They do the same thing to the GT-R. Last one I saw had a $20k "ADP" attached to it.

I can't believe anyone, no matter how much money they have, paying that.

I saw a guy drinking a bottle of wine while driving an F430 leaving a local country club. :(

Archived