LegacyGT.com

need some advice

I just put some rims on my 95 legacy and I needed wheel adapters to make them fit so they stick out a lot and when I hit a big bump they rub against my wheel wells... and rolling my fenders wouldn't make a difference. My suspension is really really soft so what can I get (spring wise) that will make my suspension a lot stiffer so I don't rub.

Thanks

ok so from what i gather it seems you bought a 5x100-5x114 adapter. in which case Springs or coilovers that lower the car would make it worse on your fenders since you wheels are sticking out beyond the fender. my suggestion would be to either switch back to your oem rims or find rims that actually fit your car. IIRC offset on a stock 95 legacy would be +48 or somewhere near that. the adapter pushed out your wheels like a spacer.

Another alternate route would be to roll your fenders. but i dont know how that would look.

Yeah the rims look sick on my car but I can't stand it rubbing so I'm going back to factory.. I already have someone buying the rims off me for twice what I paid which is sweet, so that money will go to lowering springs I just want to make sure I got all my info correct before I buy springs like will 03 wrx springs fit on my car with out having to buy or replace anything else and what's a good brand for me to get and should I get wagon springs so I don't get that sag in the rear?

you should check craigslist and ebay to see if anyone in your area is selling stock 02 wrx stuff.

im currently running 02 wrx wagon suspension and its working great but i just picked up some Helix dna coilovers.... just need to get the front 2 rebuilt...

Yeah I was just on Craigslist I found a set of stock struts and springs off an 02 wrx for $100 which isn't bad at all but I don't know how much lower and stiffer it will make my suspension, stiffness is mainly what I'm looking for my car is a sad excuse for a subaru at taking corners lol

Yeah I was gonna get front and rear sway bars there pretty cheap on ebay, should I buy the 02 struts and springs from Craigslist and then later on buy springs for it just so I'm not on my stock struts there at least upgraded to the wrx... what would you do you know a lot more about this then I do?

Depend on how many miles are on them? I looked for a set that had less than 50k so they would last a while. 02-03 wrx struts have a lot of spring options avaliable so that would be a good way to go. Just remember the legacy will drop about .5-1in more than then the wrx when you are buying springs.

Yeah the ones I was looking at had less the 30k on them the guy says and for 100 bucks that's not bad so ill probably buy them and see where it goes from there... you think there's something wrong with them for him to only be charging 100 for all 4

Archived