LegacyGT.com

New BW EFR turbos coming soon through FR!!!!

in anticipation of the ~500hp output, I am thinking of upgrading my radiator with emphasis on efficiency (not capacity, as I do not race,) as well as adding an auxiliary oil and ATF coolers behind and in place my Outback's fog lights - any recommendations for parts & installation ideas? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in anticipation of the ~500hp output, I am thinking of upgrading my radiator with emphasis on efficiency (not capacity, as I do not race,) as well as adding an auxiliary oil and ATF coolers behind and in place my Outback's fog lights - any recommendations for parts & installation ideas? Thanks in advance!

I used [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C39CL8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Hayden 676[/ame] for mine.. Works fine.

The taller 5-6 gear ratio and I can scoop up everything i need in one(ish) transaction. Going into the 5eat car will require alot more parts from the spec so Im hoping the sheer bulk of my needs with net me a discounted price :spin:.

It would be soooo much cheaper to go dogbox 5mt with blast plates etc but nooo my ego wants a 6sp :lol::lol::lol:.

• 1 month later...

FYI, after finally getting the bugs out of the newly rebuilt 5EAT

my 06'OutbackXT just got a new shiny EFR 7163 turbo (up from the smaller 6258.)

There is a bit more work to be be done next week - auxiliary tranny & oil coolers and then its getting 91 & E85 tunes - should be 500+ on E85, stay tuned...

I had the Full race kit on my 05 WRX.

EFR 6258, buddy had the 6758.

Stock long block, Both had very similar mods done. I pulled 335hp and buddy got around 380hp.

On paper, seems like a big jump, no?

But on the highway, the 6258 pulled alot harder and faster then the 6758.

Top end, he slowly creep away from me.

Dang, I miss that turbo setup :(

• 1 month later...

FYI; the SS 7163 is on my 06' ODXT, finally!!!

Paul@Yimi is adding the additional cooling supporting mods to

keep my engine and the 5EAT (built by HEXMODS) cool & happy.

I'll have an update on the tune in 1-2 weeks - hope nothing blows up... :)

This really sucks...the more I read these the more things (and money!) I want to throw at the damn Subaru. This time around I told myself, "You will keep this car stock. You have motorcycles to go fast on." But nooooo EFR has to come out with a stock location internally waste gated turbo...

This really sucks...the more I read these the more things (and money!) I want to throw at the damn Subaru. This time around I told myself, "You will keep this car stock. You have motorcycles to go fast on." But nooooo EFR has to come out with a stock location internally waste gated turbo...

yeah....I go a year or so doing nothing but maintenance on my car then I get in a frenzy... this news is not good for my wallet..

FYI; the SS 7163 is on my 06' ODXT, finally!!!

Paul@Yimi is adding the additional cooling supporting mods to

keep my engine and the 5EAT (built by HEXMODS) cool & happy.

I'll have an update on the tune in 1-2 weeks - hope nothing blows up... :)

Do you have an dyno graphs of your car with the smaller turbo?

Oh geez... I want a ride .. I'm an idiot I got all excited about this thread and realized that I was just looking at the "regular" gt30r not the new EFR turbo.. So is there such a thing as a EFR turbo for stock location legacygt? Or does one need to buy full race up/down pipe or go rotated? Not sure where I got confused on this one...

Well that things a monster. Are you going to water cool it?

What supporting mods are you planning?

Not planning on water cooling it.

Sleeved sb, s2 cams, +1 valves, pp allthethings, I'd 2000s, areomotive fuel rail/ pr, rotated im, etc. I am actually selling the turbo right now to free up some funds. I bought when the where in back order, thinking that always be the case. We had a baby mid way into the build so it was put on hold for awhile. I started a build thread about a year ago lol.

Oh geez... I want a ride .. I'm an idiot I got all excited about this thread and realized that I was just looking at the "regular" gt30r not the new EFR turbo.. So is there such a thing as a EFR turbo for stock location legacygt? Or does one need to buy full race up/down pipe or go rotated? Not sure where I got confused on this one...

They do offer stock location efrs. Iirc you will still need a fr dp or have one fabbed. The length the the efr comes into play, clearance issues with the firewall. I'm sure KGB would be able to chime in on that. He ran the 6758 if I'm not mistaken.

Archived