LegacyGT.com

New BW EFR turbos coming soon through FR!!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and the internet hype begins...

This. Its probably already 'turbo of the month' on nasioc.

I think its hilarious that the people who wouldnt drop 600 bucks on a bolt on a 30year old design 18g turbo a year ago because 'it wasn't tested for reliability' are lining up to give borgwarner and co $5000, a blow job for every BW executive and a hand job to Geoff just to get on a waiting list for something they haven't even SEEN work yet.

It very well could be good stuff, but for crying out loud people, cool your jets and maintain objectivity. You havent even SEEN one yet!

Not all of us are smart enough to realize we should just buy a $1400 18g instead of wasting our time pretending it is possible to innovate the modern turbocharger. It cant possibly get any better than the non-hype Blouch product line. Congress should close the patent office!

Speaking of which I still want to see that 18G plotted against a 68HTA, same dyno same tuner same mods same ambient temp :lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Not all of us are smart enough to realize we should just buy a $1400 18g instead of wasting our time pretending it is possible to innovate the modern turbocharger. It cant possibly get any better than the non-hype Blouch product line. Congress should close the patent office!

YOU aren't innovating anything! I'm all for new tech but half the people here are lining up to spend money on something that they have zero knowledge of it's actual performance or reliability. Maybe it will be great in which case: great. But you don't even know what it will do yet.

Speaking of which I still want to see that 18G plotted against a 68HTA, same dyno same tuner same mods same ambient temp :lol:

Then you better order some turbos for your car and find a tuner that works fast. I'm certainly not taking my car toget tuned for your sake.

No I have not tuned both side by side. Heck I dont do the tuning Shamar does. But we spoke in great detail about the new XT line of turbos. In the end, we figured that 47lbs is 47lbs. None of the XT's are rated high enough above 50lbs to make it worth it. Having tuned the turbos on different cars for customers, their is no real gain from an XT over a 68HTA. Not in the 18G. The 20G would spool too slow and so would the 2.5 (for me).

IMHO the 18gXT is no better than a 68HTA.

The extra ponies I speak of in the 68HTA are from a larger hotside a bunch of porting, EWG and of course my favorite e-85. Pretty sure I can hit 450whp with the set up. I think I am going to try before stepping into the EFR ring.

No I have not tuned both side by side. Heck I dont do the tuning Shamar does. But we spoke in great detail about the new XT line of turbos. In the end, we figured that 47lbs is 47lbs. None of the XT's are rated high enough above 50lbs to make it worth it. Having tuned the turbos on different cars for customers, their is no real gain from an XT over a 68HTA. Not in the 18G. The 20G would spool too slow and so would the 2.5 (for me).

IMHO the 18gXT is no better than a 68HTA.

The extra ponies I speak of in the 68HTA are from a larger hotside a bunch of porting, EWG and of course my favorite e-85. Pretty sure I can hit 450whp with the set up. I think I am going to try before stepping into the EFR ring.

Wasn't pointed at you, but interesting to hear what team Infamous Performance has to say about those mid range options.

I probably shouldn't post when it's really late and I've had my red wine :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I was not taking anything personal. I did not think you were specifically asking me, its ok. I was just offering info. I dont expect Kurt to swap his new turbo. I was considering testing an XT. After our powwow (Shamar and I), I changed my mind.

So 22 more days until we get to find out whether it is a better turbo or just a rebranded Hoover vacuum cleaner. Oddly it may be a turbo, or so it appeared to be on that EVO.

Dang... where is the TOTM then? I'm almost due. (Subscribed).

The new Blouch TMIC compatible turbos - think rehashed AVO, but with absolutely no testing or graphs to speak of.

The new Blouch TMIC compatible turbos - think rehashed AVO, but with absolutely no testing or graphs to speak of.

in which case, you should be just lining up to buy 8. This is the crap im talking about. The xt wheel platform is proven. all they do is change the compressor housing and you want testing and graphs. But you will blow the blue balls right off of geoff for a completely new turbo frame design before its even hit production.

I'm very surprised how much $$$$ you've sunk into a stock location singlescroll kit, not a rotated twinscroll :)

Rotated twinscroll kits do not exist for the Legacy, in spite of what some claim. If you want to install one, it will be a custom piece. Or you'll be a guinea pig for a kit that hasn't been proven on the Legacy, which amounts to the same thing.

I would have gone rotated, but when I was choosing parts the benefits did not outweigh the cost (and risk). Since that time, only Harman has come up with an off-the-shelf proven kit.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing the EFR stuff.

I can talk with Tony at T1 about this tomorrow. But is there any demand for one, besides you and one other person?

Seems most are more excited about the factory location turbos than the rotated kits. We do have a BIG hp LGT wagon in the works at our shop though with a rotated kit. They are out there, but much more uncommon for some reason.

SEMA is still weeks away and this thread is going to be 100 pages by the time any real info is available.

Just over two weeks away, and the info will be available then.

We don't have to wait, the info is here, just not released yet. Heck, I have quite a few pics on my laptop as we speak.

What is that suppose to mean?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? You have inside info on something that will truly cause a big change. Larger then any in the past few decades. You have restrictions on what info you can leak, but you are truly excited about what it has to offer.

I want 2!!

It would be cool if fr would make 2010 lgt style kit for the rest of us with 10' of pre turbo header/up pipe

Full Race will make anything you want. You just need to make a case that it is a marketable and scalable product.

1. Item will sell at a minimum cost of X
  2. Quantity demanded for product at X price will be around Y
  3. Other items will need to be sold to accompany it, which can be bundled by FR. They are ___

Once the STi platform adopts the '10+ LGT style, they'll be all over it.

Rumor is they haven't left the 05-09 '10-style fitment stone unturned for research purposes.

Archived