LegacyGT.com

Second Gen. Aftermarket Parts and Upgrade Guide (Superceded)

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a plug is supposed to run at a temp between 740 degrees and about 1700 too "hot" pre detonate, and you'll burn holes through your piston, too cold and you wont burn all the carbon, and foul them. The reason for different plugs is for that reason, and a 'cooler' plug has a shorter electrode so it cools faster, a hotter plug has a longer electrode so it retains heat. IMO i'd upgrade the plugs to platinums and forget which are hot, and cold, and use oem ref numbers. but, that's just coming from a guy who builds 2200hp snowmobiles.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't answer your question but the test thing to do to make your door cards new is go to a fabric store and buy 1.5 yards of fabric and redo them. Cost less than $20 for all of the material, fabric glue and foam if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
The jdm projectors also include the turn signals. I'm not sure which models for the usdm market came with the 2 piece and which ones came with 1 piece non-projectors, but my 98 has 2 separate pieces and they bother the hell out of me. They're never aligned right! But if you get the projectors, there's no need to worry about signal housings.