LegacyGT.com

Finally Seafoamed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYKkbDXk6UU]YouTube - seafoam the legacy[/ame]

after I noticed a bit better throttle response, but my idle and everything else feels pretty much the same.

Used 1/3 in oil and 1/3 through the pcv as brake booster only goes to 1 cylinder

i drove around for ten mins came home and changed out the oil because seafoam will wreak havoc on your oil seals.

*dont make fun of my stock exhaust it sounds pretty good as im driving away

, and you can also hear my cv joint go click click click so my car still needs a bit of work .

I did just leave the camera on my driveway lol.

already had scared the neighbors inside with the smoke show.

my car has 93k miles and so it probably did clean up some of the carbon in there but its not a huge noticeable difference and a little bit is gonna be a placebo effect of course because 90% of that smoke is just the seafoam burning.

My car did not like the seafoam tho in fact the first sip it guzzled it stalled right away, probably better to get a helper to control the throttle from within the car vs revving it from the engine as it sucks up the seafoam.

I only let it sit for 5 minutes, it smoked alot more before i killed the engine... (not in video)

pretty scary as you hear the starter going but no life sounds from the engine until it turns over

after I noticed a bit better throttle response, but my idle and everything else feels pretty much the same.

Used 1/3 in oil and 1/3 through the pcv as brake booster only goes to 1 cylinder

i drove around for ten mins came home and changed out the oil because seafoam will wreak havoc on your oil seals.

*dont make fun of my stock exhaust it sounds pretty good as im driving away

, and you can also hear my cv joint go click click click so my car still needs a bit of work .

where is the pcv valve located? i ran mine thru my brake booster line and it smoked for a while so im guessing i need to run it to the rest since im at 206xxx miles

Ah yes, seafoam/upper engine cleaner. Best invention ever. I do it every second oil change (so every 6000 miles). The best part is the look on the neighbours faces, they're always like "Oh haha, another blown subaru". Car maintenance FTW.

the pcv is that piece that screws into the intake manifold and has a thicker rubber hose attached to it. but I had read that seafoam on a 150k mile + car is dangerous it actually says not to use it on the can

way more likely to blow your seals out

the pcv is that piece that screws into the intake manifold and has a thicker rubber hose attached to it. but I had read that seafoam on a 150k mile + car is dangerous it actually says not to use it on the can

way more likely to blow your seals out

HAx2 F what the can says!!! i used it on all my cars which mostly had more than 130k-200+ miles on them.. no problem.( knock on wood)....ill try it and let you guys know if it blows my motor!

thanks zues for the pic....so i can just unattach the hose and pour the seafoam straight into the pcv valve?

add approx 1/3 of the seafoam can to a half tank of gas, 1/2 to oil about 500 miles before its due for a change, and the last 1/3 of the can into the pcv valve

hold the car at 1500 rpm and pour the seafoam into the pcv maintaining a steady drip, just before it turns into a solid stream that is.. let it sit for round 8 hours and drive it off..

its recommended to change fuel fiter and plugs as it most likely will foul them up in the process... still, worthy investment

Archived