LegacyGT.com

How to tell if my car is lowerd?

Alright so i bought my gt wagon about a year ago. the car has always looked low to the ground but i never thought it was lowerd because of the wheel gap. i have 17s on the car. today for the first time in a year a saw an opportunity to park next to another lgt and ironically it was an obp wagon like mine. it had 17s on it too but i noticed it sat a little taller than mine. as far as i could tell we were on a level surface. i did some searching on here but couldnt find a thread that stated the distance from the bottom of the bumper to the ground. can anyone help. thanks

if i can find my camera i can download a pic for ya, but my avatar is a pic of my car with my winter wheels which r still 17". i really dont think it is lowered but looking at the two cars next to each other i cant help but wonder. i would also be kinda disappointed as i was looking to buy some springs in april to reduce the wheel gap a little lol.

Looks like quite a bit of wheel gap. I don't know why someone would lower it to gain so little. Now, aftermarket suspension to improve handling is another story...how is the handling and body roll? My guess is the car you parked next to either had bigger tires, or yours are slightly smaller...

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope, not lowered.

+1 But better pictures would confirm this. Taka\e a couple of shots of the suspension, too - not just the side of the car. Turn the steering wheel all the way over and take a picture of the front strut & spring.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

haha no fat chicks... might add some tho if you think it would help lower it :lol:

and it wasnt an outback i know for sure, unless he swapped front and rear bumpers and roof racks. ( i checked) currently looking for my camera but i desperately searched for another lgt the last couple days. i found on i could park by and compared. my suspension is stock. idk what happened to the other one, maybe he decided to put outback suspension on it? :confused:

thanks to everyone for input.

Archived