LegacyGT.com

Alpina BMW 3.3S bi-turbo specs...

The CTS (wagon) wasn't available with the 400hp V8 ...IF it did come thus equipped, you'd get at best (as per the Sedan/Coupe) 14 city - 19 hwy.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Screenshot2010-10-08at120729PM.png

The 29.4 figure for the BMW/Alpina is the combined mileage (city/highway)

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/05/new-bmw-alpina-b3-s-bi-turbo-with-400.html

Why would it being a wagon reduce the mpg by 4mpg? The wagon is the same weight as the sedan.

The CTS-V that gets 14 city 19 freeway is the 556hp new cts-v not the 400hp.

Well your 2.5L H4 isn't really all that impressive stock either. See how the twin turbo I6 does with a turbo(s) swap, larger intercooler, injectors, etc etc.

Haven't followed N54 engine modding in a bit but I thought turbo swaps were out of the question because there was no path to upgrade the injectors?

The current turbo/turbos on that engine can already max out the injectors. Modding DI engines can be tricky at the moment.

I'd imagine CTS-V wagon is the way to go...

As far as modding goes it will take alot of work to that bmw to get it just to 556 crank hp. But think of it this way you mod a cts-v 6.2 s/c by addign a smaller pulley, bolt ons and tuning and there is no reason it cant hit 600whp or about 700-720 crank. But its mpg still wont match the bmw, but with 600whp who gives a shit.

Haven't followed N54 engine modding in a bit but I thought turbo swaps were out of the question because there was no path to upgrade the injectors?

The current turbo/turbos on that engine can already max out the injectors. Modding DI engines can be tricky at the moment.

I'd imagine CTS-V wagon is the way to go...

The DI gas community needs to talk to the turbodiesel community where injector mods are concerned. The diesel guys have been playing the game longer, and know how to move massive amounts of fuel through DI when needed. It is not cheap though.

^yep that's what Hennessey did as I'm sure you're referring to

That is probably what they did and a little intercooler modding or atleast piping. But I jsut said that because thats all anyone has done with supercharged cars. GTP- with pulley, bolt ons and tune goes from 190whp to 260-280whp, 03/04 cobra goes from 370-380whp to 460-480whp, lingenfelter zr1 went from 570whp to 740WHP!!!!! Just about anything with a roots syle charger can add a crap ton of power with these little mods.

The DI gas community needs to talk to the turbodiesel community where injector mods are concerned. The diesel guys have been playing the game longer, and know how to move massive amounts of fuel through DI when needed. It is not cheap though.

*Shrugs*

It's been since 2007 and no one has made any progress on fueling and these engines. It doesn't look very hopefully either, there has been a bunch of take but no real R&D work. No big power for you!!!:lol::spin:

*Shrugs*

It's been since 2007 and no one has made any progress on fueling and these engines. It doesn't look very hopefully either, there has been a bunch of take but no real R&D work. No big power for you!!!:lol::spin:

Infact most companies are having problems with there DI engines. Forget about modding lets get the stock ones to be reliable.

*Shrugs*

Not as large of a market to warrant the R&D anyway.

On a side note the CTS-V does look bad ass. I don't even like Gumbent' Motors all that well but I like the CTS-V.

On a side note the CTS-V does look bad ass. I don't even like Gumbent' Motors all that well but I like the CTS-V.

I've never felt this way about a Cadillac either...If you haven't read the press release yet, here it is:

Cadillac CTS-V Wagon: Starting At $62,990

2010-10-05

http://media.cadillac.com/apps/gm/docroot/img/back_arrow.gif back

http://media.cadillac.com/apps/gm/docroot/img/icon/print.png Print | http://media.cadillac.com/apps/gm/docroot/img/icon/word.pngWord | http://media.cadillac.com/apps/gm/docroot/img/icon/add_this.png Add This

DETROIT –The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon will be available at U.S. Cadillac dealers later this year, with pricing from $62,990, including destination. With a 556-horsepower V-8, the 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon accelerates from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 4.0 seconds.

“The Cadillac CTS-V Wagon is a limited production offering for connoisseurs who are interested in the unique combination of V-Series performance with wagon style and capability,” said Don Butler, vice president, Cadillac marketing.

Like the CTS-V sedan and CTS-V Coupe, the CTS-V Wagon features a supercharged 6.2L V-8 delivering 556 horsepower (415 kW) and 551 lb.-ft of torque (747 Nm). Power is delivered to the rear wheels through either a standard six-speed manual, or a six-speed automatic transmission. Other high-performance features include standard Magnetic Ride Control, Brembo brakes, and 19-inch forged-aluminum wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires.

The CTS-V Wagon combines V-Series performance with the practicality of a wagon and the appointments of a luxury sedan. The CTS-V Wagon can accommodate up to 58 cubic-feet of cargo, and features a full range of luxury amenities, such as:

• Heated, leather-appointed seats
  • In-dash navigation system with 40-gigabyte hard drive
  • Xenon HID headlamps with adaptive forward lighting
  • Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround audio system
  • Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Service for four years / 50,000 miles

Available options on the CTS-V Wagon include:

• $3,400 Recaro heated and ventilated, high-performance driver and front-passenger seats
  • $800 19-inch, polished aluminum wheels
  • $600 midnight Sapele Wood trim package
  • $300 Suede steering wheel and shifter

The CTS-V Wagon is now available for ordering from Cadillac retailers in limited quantities for 2011.

# # #

About Cadillac

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered a historic renaissance led by artful engineering and advanced technology. More information on Cadillac can be found at media.cadillac.com.

http://media.cadillac.com/content/media/us/en/news/news_detail.brand_cadillac.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2010/Oct/1001_ctsv

I'm confident you'lll have a hard time finding a 6sp manual in another wagon of this caliber, not to mention the Recaro headed and vented seats. Forget the BMWs...same price range, very different performance class. If you want gas mileage, get a Volvo.

I've never felt this way about a Cadillac either...

I never would have imagined that I would see a Cadillac as a more desirable vehicle than say a BMW...... but that CTS-V is very compelling. I'm not much of a wagon guy (don't need one since I own a pickup), but sedan is teh hawtness.

The only wagon in my book that rivals it from the factory as a production car is the RS6 Wagon or avant or whatever european people call that shit. Twin turbo v10 580hp, AWD and i think you can get a 6 speed manual. Too bad its not coming to America.... i think.

http://www.motivemagazine.com/emAlbum/albums/Manufacturers/Audi/RS6/2008-Current%20(type%20C6)/audi-rs6-avant-c6-audi-022RS6080007_medium.jpg

I had the pleasure of being able to drive a 2008 Alpina B7 (7 series) when ever i wanted. Nothing better than 500 horses of supercharged power. Alpina does it right too. They don't just slap a supercharger on and call it done. They beef up engine internals as well as brakes and the rear end. The suspension on the car sucked up every bump those 21" wheels went over.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpg.1fa540767be9379f3e9401ba62221ba1.jpg

Archived