LegacyGT.com

Interior Silver Trim

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and had a question about the silver trim that comes down along the radio and around the shift nob. I have a 2009 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition. The silver trim around the radio and shift nob is scratched, along with the volume knob on the radio. Just wondering if anyone has found a product (other than buying a dash kit- I am a starving college student) that can help get these scratches out.

The car was purchased used and was a former rental, and I am very aware that with rentals it will never be perfect. But on the other hand I'm a perfectionist so I have to at least try and fix the problem. Thanks for any help.

It's painted, so a polish won't help as the paint is most likely scratched off.

A new radio knob was $12 at the dealer (I noticed mine was scratched after I took delivery so it was hard to prove it was that way before I signed the papers).

It is still ugly.

I had that problem with my Pilot when I bought it. The dealership just repainted it. Check with the Subaru dealership you bought it from. Nate Wade in Salt Lake is the most friendly that I've found, but Doug Smith works too. Ask them about getting some light touch up done on the interior and I'll bet they have a guy who comes to the lot every so often to do that kind of stuff who could respray it for you. My dealership did mine for free because it was when I was buying the vehicle and I said I wanted it done, but I'm sure it isn't that much from a touch up guy. Probably fifty bucks or something.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

That's why I made a couple local recommendations. ;) Most car lots have a guy who comes over to do touch up work, PDR, wheel repairs, and that sort of thing. The detail shops are typically run by guys who have very little training or knowledge of detailing and are definitely not able to do any paint work. It doesn't have to be a Subie dealership. Just call around to the new car lots and ask if they have a lot guy who comes over for small repairs. You'll get a better deal if it is a Subaru dealership, but anywhere will work.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived