68 members have voted

1. 1. Which car should I buy???

• Acura TL SH-AWD White with Umber
    • Audi S6
    • BMW 550i xDrive
    • Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
    • Infiniti M56i AWD
    • Mercedes Benz 550 4matic

I'd get a white one, no graphics, without the orange interior. Fantastic looking truck.

WeatherWarrior - If it's for company use, cant you write a portion of it off?

The key is....you have to make enough to be paying enough taxes to actually write some of it off. I'm not there yet. But yes, there are deductions and such...however I have to learn more about the specifics.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like a new concept Ford/GM hybrid... The back is all batteries and a genorator. So its pure electric and makes its own electricity... GENIOUS. Like a episode of Top Gear

So it has a generator...

What powers the generator? Rainbows? It is NOT full electric if it has a generator.

"Don't worry, I'm not filling the TRUCK, I'm just refueling the generator..."

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

So it has a generator...

What powers the generator? Rainbows? It is NOT full electric if it has a generator.

"Don't worry, I'm not filling the TRUCK, I'm just refueling the generator..."

Well you can have anything to generate a current using kinetic technology. For example, the friction from braking. It depends on what the generator is to keep the batteries charged. On hybrid cars, it is usually recharged when the petrol engine kicks in and the alternator starts charging the batteries.

• I Donated
Looks like a new concept Ford/GM hybrid... The back is all batteries and a genorator. So its pure electric and makes its own electricity... GENIOUS. Like a episode of Top Gear

So you mean it's a truck with the Volt's powertrain? ;)

So you mean it's a truck with the Volt's powertrain? ;)

Naw, cause the volt's powertrain actually uses the motor to power the wheels as well. So its not the TRUE EV like they previously advertised.

And just for the record, this thread has gone so far off topic, I'm not even sure we know what the OT was.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Its how long will it take for me to talk Ken into a 09+ CTS-V. Period. That is this WHOLE thread. World class car with the power/chassis/brakes to be faster than a M5 for a LOT less money. And did I mention power recaro seats?

I agree(d) that it was/is a great car. Esp with power recaro's heated and vented... But, its a GM product. Previous owner probably traded it in to get out from the problem he had that GM wouldnt fix under warranty. :p

The other problem with it is the lack of back seat space. If looking for a car with room in the back for adults, you've gotta be under 6' 3" in the front. With my seat in a comfortable driving position, there's no way you could fit an adult behind my seat.

GM is building them better than many others on the road. People need to get their head out of the 80s and 90s and stop thinking their Jap products are better....THEY ARE NOT...and it's being proven over and over again with many new products out there.

See...Motor Trend

See Car and Driver

See Top Gear

See JD Power and Associates

See Consumer Reports

etc., etc.

I had to laugh a one of the latest Toyota Commercials...about getting an award for best value....an award they gave themselves because no one else gave them that.

Hell, at this point, you are safer going with a Korean product than a Jap product.

GM is building them better than many others on the road. People need to get their head out of the 80s and 90s and stop thinking their Jap products are better....THEY ARE NOT...and it's being proven over and over again with many new products out there.

See...Motor Trend

See Car and Driver

See Top Gear

See Consumer Reports

etc., etc.

I had to laugh a one of the latest Toyota Commercials...about getting an award for best value....an award they gave themselves because no one else gave them that.

Hell, at this point, you are safer going with a Korean product than a Jap product.

speaking of which, why isn't the new SHO on the list? it fits all the requirements.

See...Motor Trend

See Car and Driver

See Top Gear

See Consumer Reports

etc., etc.

Magazines can only say so much, and are NEVER skewed by funding ;) Some people talk from personal experience, and with the newer GM lineup even...

The motor of the CTS-V is proven, but there are still many other components that can/do fail. And when dealing with warranty claims, there are very few companies I've worked with that are actually worth anything. Say what you want, but I've NEVER had as good of service anywhere as I've had from Lexus.

When you buy a car, you arent just buying the car, your buying the entire ownership experience. Sure, you can get a car with an amazing warranty, or promises of great experiences, but when the crap hits the fan... Do they follow through or throw you to the wolves?

speaking of which, why isn't the new SHO on the list? it fits all the requirements.

I mentioned it a page back, I think his reasoning was that he couldnt see himself in one. :p

But yes, the new SHO is a very formidable beast. I'd get it if I fit. :(

Executor pretty much summed it perfectly. :lol:

However, some news on the eastern front; Ken is being heavily talked into another Subaru. Which one? We shall see. :p His motivator? RaceComp Engineering. I can't blame them, but if he gets one, I will be shocked. If he gets a Leggy, like he has been talking about, I can't say I will be surprised... too much.

Now, historically speaking, once Ken is set on a car, he will change his mind. :lol:

• I Donated
Naw, cause the volt's powertrain actually uses the motor to power the wheels as well. So its not the TRUE EV like they previously advertised.

Nope. It does not power the wheels at all. It runs a generator that feeds power to the electric motor and/or batteries as needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt#Drivetrain

Nope. It does not power the wheels at all. It runs a generator that feeds power to the electric motor and/or batteries as needed.

And this is why you should do research...

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/11/gm-yes-the-volts-gas-engine-can-power-the-wheels/

http://jalopnik.com/5661051/how-gm-lied-about-the-electric-car

• I Donated
Interesting. I had done plenty of research, just not in the last week and a half. Fixing both my cars + lots of stuff for work + helping my girl apply to jobs in the DC area so she can move down from Boston when she graduates + a crapload of other stuff = no time to check Autoblog. ;)

Archived