• Audi S6
    • BMW 550i xDrive
    • Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
    • Infiniti M56i AWD
    • Mercedes Benz 550 4matic

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He won't. He made up his mind at first, now changed it again. LOL! I give up. Just get what you want Ken. Obviously any suggestion we make or help you out with, you will just change your mind again.

You were at least more dead set on a 2010 Legacy GT than the other cars you mentioned here on this post. Plus more consistent. But when you mention other brands, you go all over the place! Hahaha!

...I am set! But, I am always open for suggestions and possiblities. I have another 6-8 months of saving up, so I have plenty of time. Patience is the key to virtue! Be water my friend...be water! In the meantime, I'll be one of those customers that test drives everything and don't buy $h!t. That's where you come in, all you guys...thanks for your help and comments.

CK

if your gonna wait that long:

2011 Ford SVT Raptor - For 2011 they're building the crew cab, so you've got LOTS of space. Its 4wd, lifted from the factory, skid plates and all, and actually pretty sharp looking inside and out. (and all warrantied)

2010+ Ford Taurus SHO - Sweet ride, I would have bought one, but the sunroof option made it so that I could not fit :S

2011? Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - Its not confirmed yet, and it might even be coming in 2012, but who can argue with a bullet SUV, AWD, and for 2011+ their interior is "award winning". They've done a lot of work on it and the SRT-8 could be a pretty awesome beast for the new models.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

The Raptor is my doomsday vehicle of choice. I drove a 2010, and was utterly FLOORED at how fun it was.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The Raptor is my doomsday vehicle of choice. I drove a 2010, and was utterly FLOORED at how fun it was.

I havent driven one yet :S But the 2011 will have the 6.2L engine. Only reason I wouldnt buy the 2010 is that its an extended cab and I am looking for a crew cab. Hallelujah for 2011 having the crew cab cause I just might be buying one at the end of next year (gotta pay off the subie, that way I get to keep it :) )

From everything I've seen/read so far, they're an awesome truck. Probably a little overpriced, but my rebuttal to that is the fact that everything is warrantied from the factory. When you lift a truck, typically that voids most all warranties from the manufacturer. Ford has saved the problems for you :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I drove a 2010 with the 6.2L. It was fantastic. It drove exactly the way I think a truck should, and was incredibly fun on the "test track" the dealer had (not much more than a pitted dirt back lot with a few humps and bumps).

I could easily be tempted to give up my Subaru for a white fully-loaded crew-cab Raptor. The payload capacity isn't great, but I don't need a work truck. Just a truck for convenience sake, and occasional jumping. The only thing I don't like about the crew cab is the longer wheelbase. It'll be great for ride quality, but the short wheelbase of the extended cab was really nice.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

2011 Ford SVT Raptor - Never thought of that...let me do some research!

2010+ Ford Taurus SHO - Yes it's sweet, but I don't see myself in one!

2011? Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 - I really like this SUV. My brother has a Grand Cherokee. It's nice, but SRT-8 with all the goodies...hmmm gotta test one of these!

Raptor - Funny, I don't have know how one looks like!

Acura TSX v6 with 280 hp is nice but FWD ONLY! NO GOOD!

Subaru SVX - Harry are you serious...those hideous doors...I mean windows, irk me!

CTS-V - How do they perform in the rain and more importantly snow. Once I get a new ride, I lose my company car! ;(

CK

I like the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. I think it is subtle, civilized, and probably what you are looking for in terms of appearance to customers, while at the same time not looking like a D-bag (which usually results in them looking elsewhere and give business to someone who they would think would need the business more).

CTS-V - How do they perform in the rain and more importantly snow. Once I get a new ride, I lose my company car! ;(

CK

The way I gather is this. With decent winter tires... and traction control it is more than possible to drive in the snow with these cars. Just have to be mindful of the kind of car it is and the power it makes. So light foot in the snow with good tires and you are FINE.

I also second the SRT8 jeep. Great fast trucks. Id also suggest then that you look at the Trailblazer SS and the Saab version of the same. Similar SPORTY suvs.

Don't the newer CTS-V's have "snow" modes?

The Trailblazer SS and the SAAB version are porky, NOT sporty.

The SRT8's, I'm not much a fan of. They CAN be cool, but they get awful fuel economy, and you can't tow with the SRT8 Grand Cherokee. They are hella fast if you supercharge them, but I'd take a supercharged Raptor over a Supercharged SRT8 any day of the week. You can jump a Raptor, and they still handle pretty fantastic for something on 35's.

A heavy RWD car in the snow is no problem with dedicated tires and a good driver. Unfortunately, 98% of the time, it comes down to the driver.

AWD is only useful in snow when you are trying to accelerate at a low speed, or are trying to wade through a really heavy and thick mess where medium speeds cannot be obtained. If you are going to drive like a complete idiot (at the limit) in snow, then RWD can't carry you out of corner trouble like AWD or FWD can. That said, if you know your limits, or have a wife or kids that will drive in snow, best not get the torquey RWD sports car. IF you have kids that will drive it, the same can be said for wet, dry, pretty much everything :lol:

If living in a snowy climate, I would rather drive a 370Z with dedicated snow tires than an Audi 2.7T Allroad Quattro with all season tires any day. Despite the $40k+ car, it's mostly about the $200 tires.

Edit Edit: And if you have a crappy AWD system like most BMWs or most cheaper Subarus, then at a stop on snowy roads you only have 2WD (1 in front, 1 in rear) anyways, so it might as well be RWD with torsen diff.

If I were to live on donner summit again, I would go right back to Audi despite the reliability issues. I had a '95 Audi A6 wagon with rear locking diff, and almost bald snow tires, and the thing was perfectly at home. I got a ticket one morning going 60 in a 25 on snow pack on highway 40 (windy road). Even my LGT couldn't put the power down like that.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Acura TSX v6 with 280 hp is nice but FWD ONLY! NO GOOD!

Apart from only being able to use about half of that power when you're starting from a stop, there really isn't much in the way of torque steer in a TSX.

as far as CTS-V in the snow or inclement conditions, it depends on the tires more than anything else. Drivetrain only helps you get going, not turn or brake.

The real question is whether he could bring himself to put :eek: skinny wheels and :eek: skinny tires on in the winter. Like taking a bull and cutting off the... oysters. 205s are great in the winter. 295s are... well they could kill you.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Ken....if you get a Raptor, I will so carjack your ride and hi-tail it to the next extreme weather event. That is my ULTIMATE vehicle as of right now.

If I actually had a Raptor, that would be such a boost to my company....I'd much more easily be able to turn a profit. If I do get close to getting one, I may go find a barely used 2010 with the 5.3L for the better gas mileage....I don't need the 6.2L power and the amount of miles I would drive in it, the difference in fuel would be substantial.

For your viewing pleasure:

These are all extended cab...as mentioned, crew cab will be available for 2011. I don't need the crew cap the extend is enough for my needs. I'd also opt out on the graphics and opt of of the accented interior. I do wish they had a bright red (fire engine red) color option, as it's both my favorite color on a vehicle as well as one of my company colors. I'd probably go white or black...white being the most logical due to heat load, and they look cooler dirty.

http://thespeedzine.danielvining.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/FordRaptor2.jpg

http://www.qortuba.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Ford_Raptor_2.jpg

I think this one is from SEMA.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR344IIJUB43EMc4U8hALjA1WdHeC1v5G1ZHqJY57LdxXfvoeo&t=1&usg=__5iw5TZkz5tNrmMVqoKkURcgTW2Y=

Orange interior is optional, not standard (I'd opt out):

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2010/def/2010-Ford-F-150-SVT-Raptor-Interior-1920x1440.jpg

I'd get a white one, no graphics, without the orange interior. Fantastic looking truck.

WeatherWarrior - If it's for company use, cant you write a portion of it off?

Archived