68 members have voted

1. 1. Which car should I buy???

• Acura TL SH-AWD White with Umber
    • Audi S6
    • BMW 550i xDrive
    • Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
    • Infiniti M56i AWD
    • Mercedes Benz 550 4matic

Ken, let's go to a Subie dealership and check out the new Forester. I think you are going to love it. It is roomy, plenty of mods for it (literally), and you can resell those just as fast as you would for a WRX. Best part is they keep their value very well.

I will do a write up later today about the choices you mentioned above. I did some research for you and am using some personal experiences as well. But I will adamantly say, and based on personal experience, do NOT get a BM Trouble You. There is a reason why it is called that.

Plus think of it this way, a Forester has all that you are looking for. And if you get a Black or Silver or White colored one, you will also look professional and personable when you go visit clients. Best part is, you can mod it like mad and still keep the sleeper look and the car would perform AMAZINGLY in snowy or icy conditions.

But I will write something up for everyone to comment on. You're lucky I am doing this much for a fellow Heights Alumni. :lol:

New Forester? Come on, can you deal with a 10-year old 4AT???? They don't offer manuals anymore...

NO WAY JOSE!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
V1 or V2 CTS-V? And if V1 ls6 or LS2?

based on the Audi, MB, AND Bimmer Id say the V2 should be in the same price range.

If v1 Id honestly go LS6 just b/c the aftermarket support is greater, cheaper, and the car itself is gonna be cheaper to being with.

I voted Audi... but I like the idea of the IS-F. You hardly see any of them around. They were once said to be an M3 killer... I haven't read anything about them as of late tho.

Next in line would be the CTS-V

If you don't like any of those options i think you better go big or go home... Panamera 4S?

Ugh, no. Not the pregnant guppy car. That thing is hideous. I showed it to Ken over the weekend and his reaction was quite predictable. LOL!!

He made a wise decision with his car. He is going to be damn happy when he gets it. :)

Better be a GT-R. Those have automatics...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Does that rule out Infiniti and Toyota?

No Nissan, Toyota or Subaru. What's left?

He got a TL, didn't he?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

But Jaguars are lame, and Aston's aren't Japanese.

..in HD and I came across a review of the NEW Volvo S60 T6 AWD 300HP/325TQ. What do you guess have to say about that car? I am going to take that baby out for a test drive!

CK

No Jaguar for me...that is a woman's car in my opinion!

..in HD and I came across a review of the NEW Volvo S60 T6 AWD 300HP/325TQ. What do you guess have to say about that car? I am going to take that baby out for a test drive!

CK

No Jaguar for me...that is a woman's car in my opinion!

Poor man's CTS-V, though really only in terms of power. S60 with the whatever they're calling the dynamic chassis option could be one of the finer tourers out on the market.

CTS-V are small for us right?

SRT8 is a mean Mopar, but not for me. I would have to opt. for the R/T AWD and supercharge it, if I was going that route!

CRAZY KEN

P.S. I don't think the new redesigned S60 comes in a "R" version yet!

I looked at a few Volvos, and wrote them off as something an old maid or a vampire would drive. None boiled my blood, and all of them were mundane and boring as hell to drive. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Buick unless it was the twin-turbo, AWD, 6mt Regal wagon... which we can't get.

The GTO is a terrible looking car, but I bet the 06+ CTS-V would be a decent car so long as they don't share an interior with the 04-05. It also bothered me that the CTS-V didn't have a hand-brake, but rather a foot-parking-brake.

Unless Volvo recently got real with their AWD, it basically isn't. viscous, no proper distribution, etc. My wife drives a S60 FWD. It's alright. Growing on me slowly. The asshats who designed it are... Asshats. But it isn't bad when compared to most cars, stock for stock. I know nothing about the redesign, but doubt all the big words amount to a dramatically better car. The handling and power delivery are surprisingly good compared to what most people assume. If it rubs you the right way, not much else will.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

NAUGHTY car! Even the guy on speed channel was impressed, but he gets paid for saying things like that...oh well, I guess a test drive is in order. So Joshua, do you like to looks of the 06-07 better than the current design? To me if I were to get one, the new design looks so much sleeker and aggressive!

09's can be had for ~40k I think.

Archived