68 members have voted

1. 1. Which car should I buy???

• Acura TL SH-AWD White with Umber
    • Audi S6
    • BMW 550i xDrive
    • Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
    • Infiniti M56i AWD
    • Mercedes Benz 550 4matic

i thought only the 250s came in AWD? or did they expand the AWD option recently?

Unless they expanded, yes, the 250 is the only one that allows AWD.

On the note of IS350, very nice car, and I am still half tempted to go that direction. But 2 things hold me back. 1) car size, less back seat room and head room than the legacy 2) Almost 0 aftermarket support/enthusiasts. People buy the car to keep it exactly like it is and not change a thing. Not that it's bad, just that if I wanted to get a little more power, there really isnt much you can do.

Might want to expand to a used IS-F if your going that route. I'm contemplating that route myself. Can pick up a used low mileage and full maint records for 44k or there abouts. V8 power, 8 speed tranny, Nav and Mark Levinson stereo are included (only available for special order in the states - both options, you can get them seperate but not together on the IS350's).

The M56X might be a good pick, but you'd have to wait for a used one cause right now they're about $60k or so :S Good power, lots of tech, very nice car all around, just expensive atm.

The GS460 AWD might be more suited for you (pretty sure they have a 460 AWD, otherwise its the 350 AWD for sure). Still decent power (385hp), V8, luxury, etc. A used one will run you mid to high 30's, a new is 60 :S.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd shit my pants if the RS3 came state-side. Holy smokes!

I'm also hopeful that Mazda puts their new designs into play. I'll give up Subarus cold turkey for that sedan they released at the LA show.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'd shit my pants if the RS3 came state-side. Holy smokes!

I'm also hopeful that Mazda puts their new designs into play. I'll give up Subarus cold turkey for that sedan they released at the LA show.

Are you talking about the Shinari?

Just saw a black IS-F coupe (hardtop convertible?) at a North Dallas Starbucks. Aside from assuming you're a grown-up ricer by their painting some parts blue, it looked really sexy. And will until the next model revision comes out...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Reminds me of a guy with a ZR-1 in a trailer park community. Not saying apartments are bad, I live in one. But it's always funny to watch consumer behavior. We have a few Range Rovers here, but i think they all belong to surgeons and husbands who rent an aptmt for their mistresses. Happy TG everyone.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Reminds me of a guy with a ZR-1 in a trailer park community. Not saying apartments are bad, I live in one. But it's always funny to watch consumer behavior. We have a few Range Rovers here, but i think they all belong to surgeons and husbands who rent an aptmt for their mistresses. Happy TG everyone.

Have to be open minded...divorce (got car...lost house) same with foreclosures, etc. Maybe he's just a car guy. Maybe he's saving up for the house, but didn't want to wait for the car.

You live in Texas...so realistically...we shouldn't talk about certain things being backwards. I love the state and all....move there in a second...but an open mind is needed.

I've lived in many varying spots around the country. Fact is middle-upper class Dallas is the same game. I know about divorce settlements. Trophies age, but don't get smarter. Fact is I'm yet to meet a man dumb enough to lose a house over divorce, and yet be in a position to live where I live. If he gets put into a trailer park from luxury (why even pretend it happens), then out of necessity, he trades his ZR-1 for a cheap reliable car, and puts money towards survival. the guy with a ZR-1 in a trailer park is committed to maintaining his lifestyle by preventing his income from being allocated to mechanisms that grow wealth. Happens everywhere, everyday.

People who live in trailer parks don't have any clue how to manage money, or they wouldn't live in a trailer park. Their parents had no idea, and their kids will have no idea. That's how it works. One person out of a 1000 makes it out. Beyond that, I agree with what you are saying. Mind you it's late on a Saturday, my filter has been turned off by Belgians.

I've lived in many varying spots around the country. Fact is middle-upper class Dallas is the same game. I know about divorce settlements. Trophies age, but don't get smarter. Fact is I'm yet to meet a man dumb enough to lose a house over divorce, and yet be in a position to live where I live. If he gets put into a trailer park from luxury (why even pretend it happens), then out of necessity, he trades his ZR-1 for a cheap reliable car, and puts money towards survival. the guy with a ZR-1 in a trailer park is committed to maintaining his lifestyle by preventing his income from being allocated to mechanisms that grow wealth. Happens everywhere, everyday.

People who live in trailer parks don't have any clue how to manage money, or they wouldn't live in a trailer park. Their parents had no idea, and their kids will have no idea. That's how it works. One person out of a 1000 makes it out. Beyond that, I agree with what you are saying. Mind you it's late on a Saturday, my filter has been turned off by Belgians.

Yeah...there are stereotypes that don't tend to be different...hence they are stereotypes. But can't assume anything to any ONE person. That's all I was getting at. I wasn't trying to go overly preachy about it.

To your original point though.....consumer behavior is interesting.....very interesting indeed.

BTW...there are trailer parks left in Dallas. I thought they pretty much were gone. I guess I haven't been in those areas of Dallas yet.

I don't know of any trailer parks in Dallas, but there was one (actually several) up in a suburb town I recently lived in, and drove by every day. Kind of like saying you live in Boston, but you actually live in Cambridge. In the end they're all regional super cities with bridges, dried up rivers and invisible lines being the only difference.

Archived