LegacyGT.com

Mazda RX-8 Tokyo Roki oil filter for 2.5GT

I've ordered a Puro for my LGT (and Ralliart yeah yeah).

Found this while trying to find a better filter for the Mitsu.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/637158-official-oil-filter-testing-results-thread-4g63t-4b11t.html

Because of the bypass psi on the Sub/Mazda filters I may give the blacks a try after the puro.

With a lower bypass psi, does that mean under load/WOT the oil probably won't be filtered and just pass through? Would a stock GT generate that much pressure? Or is the psi so high that it won't bypass no matter what?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've ordered a Puro for my LGT (and Ralliart yeah yeah).

Found this while trying to find a better filter for the Mitsu.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/637158-official-oil-filter-testing-results-thread-4g63t-4b11t.html

Because of the bypass psi on the Sub/Mazda filters I may give the blacks a try after the puro.

With a lower bypass psi, does that mean under load/WOT the oil probably won't be filtered and just pass through? Would a stock GT generate that much pressure? Or is the psi so high that it won't bypass no matter what?

Just stick with OEM, IMO. There's no data out there to show that the OEM filter is bad or that it cannot last for 7,500 miles.

If you really want to read about oil pump pressure and filter bypass, read this and hope your head doesn't explode. :)

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1413097&page=1

-Dennis

Been with the black Tokyo Roki since the car was new - bought a butt-load of them when the *100s* were still available - and now at 137K on 3K OCIs. Will be buying another butt-load of TRs when I get a chance.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I figure it stupid to have done a bit of this research and not yet capitalized on it, so just ordered 6 of the 160. Done, won't have to think about it for a few years.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Have a few AA100 left, and a dozen of AA160 just arrived from FBP. So I am good for couple of years.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• I Donated

FYI: https://content.subarunet.com/snet/_content/_attachment/oil_filter_snet_message.pdf

Concerns the 15208AA12A filters.

Parts Identification Information

Case Quantity Information: Potentially affected filters will have a date code of A2999x

(the x can be a 1, 2, or 3)

Filter Information: There is a date code that appears on the side of the filter itself.

The lot number format is as follows:

FYJJJS

F is the facility where the filter was made

Y is the last digit of the Year

JJJ is the Julian Date

S is shift (1, 2, or 3)

Example = A22713

OK Inventory

Any Date Code starting with S1.

Any Date Code starting with S2.

Any Date Code of A2291x or Later (where the Julian date is 291 or HIGHER and x is any shift)

Any Case Quantities with a date code of 777 on the case packaging

Some filters may be within the lot number range, but will have a white dash and a number or initials.

These are not affected and OK for use.

Any filter with a lot number inside the affected range that are marked with a white dash and a number or initials

(indicates passed the vendors secondary inspection process)

FYI: https://content.subarunet.com/snet/_content/_attachment/oil_filter_snet_message.pdf

Concerns the 15208AA12A filters.

Parts Identification Information

Case Quantity Information: Potentially affected filters will have a date code of A2999x

(the x can be a 1, 2, or 3)

Filter Information: There is a date code that appears on the side of the filter itself.

The lot number format is as follows:

FYJJJS

F is the facility where the filter was made

Y is the last digit of the Year

JJJ is the Julian Date

S is shift (1, 2, or 3)

Example = A22713

OK Inventory

Any Date Code starting with S1.

Any Date Code starting with S2.

Any Date Code of A2291x or Later (where the Julian date is 291 or HIGHER and x is any shift)

Any Case Quantities with a date code of 777 on the case packaging

Some filters may be within the lot number range, but will have a white dash and a number or initials.

These are not affected and OK for use.

Any filter with a lot number inside the affected range that are marked with a white dash and a number or initials

(indicates passed the vendors secondary inspection process)

Schucks. Looks like I gotta drive some extra miles to get whichever 12A off

FBP did that to me too just send them an email and they will make it right at no cost to you.

I emailed them Friday morning, and now I have a dozen black beauties here monday at Noon. Boxed up the blue ones which will go back out tomorrow..

All is good. :)

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Climber - How much longer versus the ...100 black Tokyo Roki's that are no longer available here in USDMland?

When I get home I can take a pic that shows the height difference but it's about 3/4 of an inch iirc

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

BTR 15208AA160 OEM 2.0L filter

Metal filter body:

2.77" diameter at top lip,

2.675" diameter immediately below top lip.

3.38" height from rubber ring to filter bottom.

Rubber o-ring extends approximately 0.043" past metal filter body, uncompressed.

Measurements taken with plastic shrink wrapper still on top lip and top plane of filter.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

15208AA100 Black Tokyo Roki filter

Metal filter body:

2.76" diameter at top lip,

2.69" diameter immediately below top lip.

2.56" height from rubber ring to filter bottom.

Rubber o-ring extends approximately 0.047" past metal filter body, uncompressed.

Measurements taken with plastic shrink wrapper still on top lip and top plane of filter.

Dimensionally, the BTR 15208AA160 OEM 2.0L BTR filter is essentially the same diameter with the same height rubber seal ring, but ~.8" longer than the Subaru OEM 2.5L 15208AA100 BTR filter. Need to get one and see how it will work with the KillerB Holy Header.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...
Is there a K&N "longer" style filter that would be equivalent to the 15208AA160 filters? The end nut is very useful on the 2010 forester, but the listed K&N is one of the smallest filters I have seen for our cars. I guess they have to give up some height in the filter body to leave spec'd clearance for the end nut?
All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived