LegacyGT.com

Need Exhaust - Please help!

So my exhaust snapped the other day right at the Y-joint, was fairly rusted and I must have had something whack it underneath.

Now I'm looking for a replacement, but If I'm going to spend the same amount on a stock exhaust from the dealer as I would on an aftermarket with better sound/performance I'd rather go aftermarket. I really only need to replace from the Y joint back, but the rest of the piping is just as rusty - So i figure a new shiny cat back will be a better move. I'm looking for just a respectable boxer rumble - nothing obnoxious or bumble bee on steroids sounding.

Invidia 2005-2009 Legacy GT/Spec B Cat Back - I can get for a steal of only $666.39 for the full system. I'm not sure how I feel about the quad tips, or how that will sound. Any input on this??

Any other recommendations would help - thanks!!

So my exhaust snapped the other day right at the Y-joint, was fairly rusted and I must have had something whack it underneath.

Now I'm looking for a replacement, but If I'm going to spend the same amount on a stock exhaust from the dealer as I would on an aftermarket with better sound/performance I'd rather go aftermarket. I really only need to replace from the Y joint back, but the rest of the piping is just as rusty - So i figure a new shiny cat back will be a better move. I'm looking for just a respectable boxer rumble - nothing obnoxious or bumble bee on steroids sounding.

Invidia 2005-2009 Legacy GT/Spec B Cat Back - I can get for a steal of only $666.39 for the full system. I'm not sure how I feel about the quad tips, or how that will sound. Any input on this??

Any other recommendations would help - thanks!!

It's loud and will melt your bumper.

Go with magnaflow if u want something affordable,

Go with Borla, SPT, AVO for higher end, (they all provide full system, AVO price is 1300 for full system, borla and spt are around 900)

;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/does-anybody-know-anything-cxlighting-cbe-kitsiii-127753.html

Cheaper but becoming popular. Personally depends where you live, if your in a big snow area and have to deal with road salt I would be worried about rust.

I'm not saying it will rust under those conditions, but that it may and some others think it as well.

Archived